By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards: General Discussion & Predictions Thread - Overwatch Wins GOTY

the fact that overwatch got nominated in the first place means that their standard is low. Overwatch is an action, and a first-person shooter game and yet it did not win those categories. somehow it wins GOTY lol. this show is really a joke.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Overwatch won goty?? Horrible decline from the witcher 3 indeed..:

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Everyone mad because Overwatch won goty but looks like is perfectly normal for Witcher 3 DLC to win the RPG award, lol.

daredevil.shark said:
Intrinsic said:
Am i the only one that thought Zelda looked technically poor? I'm sure gameplay wise it would be great, but the game looks really rough around the edges (both literally and figuratively)

Probably has less budget than other companies AAA games as Nintendo tries to get maximum benefit. Rough on animation and visuals (given the hardware). Even mass effect (which people are saying rough) is miles ahead. Apart from it it will be a good game.

Animations are not rough at all, not sure what game are you looking, graphics look great but they are obviously limited by the hardware not because "maximum benfit", This game is way bigger than any other open world ever on similar hardware, what they are showing looks nothing less than a miracle for the system and a pleasure to look.

Goodnightmoon said:

Everyone mad because Overwatch won goty but looks like is perfectly normal for Witcher 3 DLC to win the RPG award, lol.

I find it funny because I'm easily seeing those that didn't want it to win, would have wanted an RPG to win instead or soemthing from their favorite pick. a decent number on the site heavily dislike shooting games and favor RPG's more, it becomes a no brainer when an action shooter wins.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Uncharted 4 my GOTY and it's great to see it get so many different nominations and a few wins too.

I respect their decision to choose Overwatch. It is indeed a great shooter and it's not often a game like that wins.

Also delighted to see blood and wine take it. just shows you the effort that went into that expansion. It beat entire games.