By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards: General Discussion & Predictions Thread - Overwatch Wins GOTY

Intrinsic said:
Am i the only one that thought Zelda looked technically poor? I'm sure gameplay wise it would be great, but the game looks really rough around the edges (both literally and figuratively)

Probably has less budget than other companies AAA games as Nintendo tries to get maximum benefit. Rough on animation and visuals (given the hardware). Even mass effect (which people are saying rough) is miles ahead. Apart from it it will be a good game.

Around the Network

Overall a great show. Mass effect has my full attention. Now waiting for Sonys show.

So, apparently Zelda won most anticipated game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Is that a new low for the racing genre? Lumped together with sports....

At least VR was mentioned! Rez Infinite is the right pick. It should have won best music/sound design too.

I tried overwatch. It's fun. But nothing special. It's about on par with TF2 so I don't agree with the GOTY. IMO there are better picks.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Intrinsic said:
Am i the only one that thought Zelda looked technically poor? I'm sure gameplay wise it would be great, but the game looks really rough around the edges (both literally and figuratively)

Probably has less budget than other companies AAA games as Nintendo tries to get maximum benefit. Rough on animation and visuals (given the hardware). Even mass effect (which people are saying rough) is miles ahead. Apart from it it will be a good game.

Well, I think that the problem is that, after three years of PS4 and XBOX One, WiiU visuals look worse than ever.

i think Zelda looks great for a WiiU game, considering its supposed scope.

Pleasantly surprised that Overwatch won. I've never found Uncharted particularly compelling from a gameplay standpoint, and trying to base a deep narrative around a character who's personality has basically been nothing but sarcastic quotes for three games now felt like trying to get me emotionally invested in my carpet.

Still sad that Dark Souls 3 was left off the nominees, but eh.

Haha, what? Overwatch? I own it, playing it a lot, enjoy it, it's a great game but GOTY? No, lacks content beyond belief.

These awards seem weird, Overwatch winning game of the year but isn't the best action game. Dark Souls 3 missing out on RPG when a DLC of a game released last year did? Right.

Oh well, not like these awards really matter.

Hmm, pie.

wth Overwatch? lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I was on U4's side although Overwatch winning will remind some fanboy's i've seen here and there that their beloved saga doesn't impress as it did back in 2009 anymore.

Moderated - Miguel_Zorro