By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards: General Discussion & Predictions Thread - Overwatch Wins GOTY

Ultrashroomz said:

HA YES

TO EVERYONE WHO SAID OVERWATCH HAS NO STORY, AND MICROTRANSACTIONS, AND THAT IT DIDN'T DESERVE TO WIN CAUSE OF THOSE THINGS.

SUCK. IT.

But Overwatch has no story, regardless of it winning GOTY award or not.

Around the Network
poklane said:
Death Stranding, Mass Effect and the GOTY announcement: the only things people gave a shit about.

You forgot Zelda

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Overall the show was meh, but there were great moments.

Zelda looks amazing, but that framerate was meh.
Looking forward to Walking Dead Season 3 (I need to find a good ass Clementine avi)
Overwatch won GOTY, which just shocked me, can't be happier than that.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Overall pretty meh, which has been typical from TGA.

Highlights were Zelda & Mass Effect for me! Was always hyped for Zelda, but finally seeing actual gameplay restored my hype for Andromeda

Also congrats to Overwatch on GOTY! :o

Nautilus said:
poklane said:
Death Stranding, Mass Effect and the GOTY announcement: the only things people gave a shit about.

You forgot Zelda

Arguably, but I'd say not with that framerate

Around the Network

half and half on the new ME.

Also woop woop for Overwatch, well deserved.

GA this year were more or less crappy for me and some stacked in favor of a single game. Next year's will hopefully do better (seriously I want an actual RTS in the strat games nominees next time).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Another Game Awards, and another reminder of why I always regret watching afterwards

Super hyped for Zelda, game looks wonderful. Not worried about framerate, don't think it will be an issue on release

Happy that Overwatch got GOTY though, had a lot of fun with it this year

Even as i'm salty Overwatch won, not the worst TGA i've seen. Aside from Rae Sme, the performances were fine, the reveals were decent, with ME: Andromeda stealing the show in my opinion (it's looking fantastic) and the new TWD looking great and the winners were more or less adequate.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Death Stranding for game of the show!

- Zelda looks great but the material they used for the presentation was not the right one, looked like a random cut of a long let's play and that place was too foggy, need something more exciting, the previous trailer of the game released today was amazing though.

- TWD Season 3 is looking cool, I want it.

- Mass Effect Andromeda is a revelation for me, I wasn't very hyped but that trailer looked pretty cool, I'm interested now.

That's it, the rest will be erased from my mind by tomorrow.