By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Code Geass Gets New Sequel & Anime Compilation Film Trilogy

Bandorr said:
I had my ups and downs with this anime. Specially season 2.

That season 2 finale was quite shocking though.

shikamaru317 said:

Meh, never could get into Code Geass. Watched the first season but quit part way through Season 2

Damn opened afternoon time slot(season 1 was late night) ruining R2 strikes again.

Anyway, my favorite anime of all time is coming back. I wonder how Goro Taniguchi is going to handle this considering he stated after R2 the definitive status of a certain character and where that character went. As long as Kallen ends up with Lelouch, I'll be a happy man.

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
Farsala said:
Heck yeah.

Need more Orange Boy in my life.

Will rewatch before it comes out, been resisting the urge for years.

Approved by Donald J Trump, President of the United States... 

What's this about?

hmmm...i'll need to rewatch it. haven't seen it in years

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Farsala said:
AsGryffynn said:

Approved by Donald J Trump, President of the United States... 

What's this about?

US now has their own orange... 

Hiku said:
AsGryffynn said:

Lelouch was dead. The studio decided to bring him back because he was cool and flashy and fabulous... But most important reason? Tales went down the drain and Bamco needs the money... 

There's no confirmation about that. You can't take the title of the the series in a literal sense as confirmation of that, as the term resurrection has been used in a non-literal sense many times in anime/manga/movies, etc. The writer of the original series said in an interview that he intended for the ending to be open ended for fans to speculate over, and wouldn't confirm if he was truly dead or not.

Also, please put a spoiler tag on spoilers from the first anime, because some people haven't seen it.

Except the thread alone says this. Also, I recall confirmation Lelouch was dead was shared in a tweet from the director back in the early tens. 

Seriously, stop singling me out and use your damn head... 

Hiku said:
hershel_layton said:
hmmm...i'll need to rewatch it. haven't seen it in years

How about waiting for the new retelling of the series instead? Seems to be three films, with new scenes.

"The three-part film series will recap all 50 episodes of the original Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion series and the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 sequel series. The cast are re-recording all their lines for the films, and the films will include new scenes. The first film will open in 2017."

The re-recording of lines has me excited too actually. Because I thought Jun Fukuyama absolutely killed it in some of his most iconic lines. So to see if he can somehow top them will be very interesting to see.

but wouldn't it be more worth it to just watch all of it if it's so good? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

please be good , please be good
i first watched code geass during my final exam period , i failed that year but still happy to find out the existance of this masterpiece :D

Maybe I need to watch this again. I thought the first season was a b grade anime, but the strong storyline and high level of suspense made it a guilty pleasure. S2 was a bore. Had no idea there was a new series.

This serie is special to me. I really think Code Geass is one of the best written serie, and by serie I put all TV shows from recent years.

So much tension. Lelouch is the perfect antihero.

There's so much obvious parralels which can be done between Code Geass and Death Note. But imho, Code Geass >>> Death Note.

YES!!

Oh YES!! Lelouch i missed your intellect soo much!

This is amazing news! I'm really happy!

It's crazy that they're planning a sequel series after all these years. Though it's not surprising since fan favorites like Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Digimon Adventure, and, soon, Cardcaptor Sakura are getting new revival/sequel series currently and in the future.

It'll be interesting to see where they go from the ending of S2 since it really felt like the end and, even though there were some stuff in the plot that remained unsolved, I couldn't really imagine a dramatic way to go out. Looking forward to it!