By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Code Geass Gets New Sequel & Anime Compilation Film Trilogy

Hiku said:
AsGryffynn said:

US now has their own orange... 

Except the thread alone says this. Also, I recall confirmation Lelouch was dead was shared in a tweet from the director back in the early tens. 

Seriously, stop singling me out and use your damn head... 

Except this thread is based on information that came from the 10th anniversary event. Nowhere in that event was any such info disclosed. So you might want to hold off on telling others to use their head when you base your assumptions on a commonly used title word, and a Tweet that seemingly doesn't exist. You'd think information like that would have been pretty big news for the fandom, but no one seems to have noticed. No wikis have been updated, no ending discussions include that info, etc. And the ending is still being discussed to this day, including whether or not he really died: https://www.reddit.com/r/CodeGeass/comments/3ozjl0/code_geass_ending_completely_explainedspoilers/

The bottom line is, the Code Geass staff have not clarified exactly what happened to him, unless proven otherwise. What we saw is what we got.
However, I can't even begin to count the amount of times characters in fictional works have been proclaimed to be dead, only for us to find out that they survived later on in sequels. That is not something that can be ruledout based on the limited information shared with us from teh 10th Anniversary event.

And again, please use spoiler tags for people who haven't seen the first series.

The thread implies something happened to The Douche. Since outside of an obscure Tweet his fate was indeed left open, it isn't really an spoiler. The thread alone all but implies Lelouch was either out of the picture or dead... Now, if you're arguing on the veracity of the Tweet, I cannot tell for sure, but since it did come from the creator if I recall, I'd say it does, but since it was an open ending I'd say no one should really care either way besides people wanting to call it. As for whether it was for real or not, again, I don't know. The Tweet said "yes, he's actually dead" but this was a long while ago. 

By the way, I did make a mistake here. It was a magazine... 

By the opening post alone you're able to glean that... 

A. Something happened to Ledouche. 

B. It was very ambiguous. 

C. It was living or dying. 

And here I am giving you info saying he lived, even though this isn't an spoiler or something people in here didn't already know and that's my point. If people haven't seen the second season, they probably cannot even make out what my post described anyways. Besides, this isn't a TV forum and this anime's over eight years old. Any spoiler policy worth it's salt should have expired by now. 

Around the Network

The series ended really well so i don't see a need for S3 except for money :(. This better be good like godfather 2 or something...

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Hiku said:
AsGryffynn said:

The thread implies something happened to The Douche. Since outside of an obscure Tweet his fate was indeed left open, it isn't really an spoiler. The thread alone all but implies Lelouch was either out of the picture or dead... Now, if you're arguing on the veracity of the Tweet, I cannot tell for sure, but since it did come from the creator if I recall, I'd say it does, but since it was an open ending I'd say no one should really care either way besides people wanting to call it. As for whether it was for real or not, again, I don't know. The Tweet said "yes, he's actually dead" but this was a long while ago. 

By the way, I did make a mistake here. It was a magazine... 

By the opening post alone you're able to glean that... 

A. Something happened to Ledouche. 

B. It was very ambiguous. 

C. It was living or dying. 

And here I am giving you info saying he lived, even though this isn't an spoiler or something people in here didn't already know and that's my point. If people haven't seen the second season, they probably cannot even make out what my post described anyways. Besides, this isn't a TV forum and this anime's over eight years old. Any spoiler policy worth it's salt should have expired by now. 

Well, yeah I'm refering to those who haven't watched the whole original series yet. There's at least one person in this thread who said they only watched the first season. Some people may decide to give the original series a shot upon hearing that a sequel is on the way. The title does implies something, but that word can and has been used in a non-literal sense in the past.

That said though, I wonder if it was a wise decision by Sunrise to reveal what they have about the third season. Seems like a surprise that would have been better left to be discovered while watching, even if we don't know the circumstances behind it yet.

But people who haven't watched it literally will know next to nothing at all! It's like saying "Master Chief lives!" and not referring to anything else in the Halo trilogy. No context leads to no bloody clue. Besides, I usually run ahead with the standard "if it's been out for a while, don't bother using spoilers" stuff, which seems alright since we cannot keep spoiler tagging everything all the time. 

Saying "he lives" doesn't really give a lot of a clue unless you've actually seen the whole season, especially with the studio now pulling 360's out of their arse. 

As for Sunrise, as I said, money...