By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, I just finished FFXV's story (23 hours in)

Tagged games:

Kerotan said:
23 hours of intense gameplay? Sounds like a blast especially when you more stuff still to do.

Damn straight. I simply cannot afford to play games that last 60 hours + anymore, otherwise it might take me months to complete it. One day seams resonable. I am more of a sidequest guy, so 35+ is guaranteed for me. Might buy it this way

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Chris Hu said:

Not always you could play the digital version of Forza Motorsports 6 and Forza Horizon 3 a week before the physical copy was released and you could download both of those games even earlier than that.

I'm sure there are exceptions.

setsunatenshi said:

Cheating the system > Not cheating the system, it's about the only lesson I can take from this. I'm going full digital this gen and overall am loving it. It just sucks when the restrictions are actually applied to a set of people and not to some others.

But yeah, sucks for me, now I'll wait patiently, holidays already taken to enjoy the game fully

My worry is getting refunds for defective products: refund policies on digital copies are not always consumer-friendly.

Steam refund policies seem quite good as far as digital goes. As long as you play under 2h of gametime and within a certain number of days of purchase, they will refund 100% no questions asked. On the other hand, how can a digital game be defective? Other than the game sucking ass, but hey, no gamestore will refund you because the game sucks.

Also cutting off the middle man between the publishers and the consumer should lead to more competitive pricing going forward.

setsunatenshi said:
KLAMarine said:

I'm sure there are exceptions.

My worry is getting refunds for defective products: refund policies on digital copies are not always consumer-friendly.

Steam refund policies seem quite good as far as digital goes. As long as you play under 2h of gametime and within a certain number of days of purchase, they will refund 100% no questions asked.

Good on Steam!

setsunatenshi said:

On the other hand, how can a digital game be defective? Other than the game sucking ass, but hey, no gamestore will refund you because the game sucks.

A digital game can be defective like when it has a hard time not crashing. The game sucking major ass is another.

And if a store won't refund you, you could always sell used and get at least a portion of your money back.

If story in FF XV is only 23-30 hours journey, that means I got more in Witcher 3 Blood and Wine for much lesser price.... Shame on you SE

FunFan said:
RenCutypoison said:

0, but I came close a bunch of times. I think I never managed to stock more than 2 mage elixirs / mega phoenix because of that. The difficulty "rythm" is pretty good, some fights are stomp but if you don't do much sidequests it's pretty breathtaking.

O.O How high do you consider your skill level is in thses type of games?

I kinda suck but I didn't have any problem with Nier, Bayonnetta and Haevensly Blade.

I'm terrible at QTEs though.

Around the Network
vivster said:
RenCutypoison said:

0, but I came close a bunch of times. I think I never managed to stock more than 2 mage elixirs / mega phoenix because of that. The difficulty "rythm" is pretty good, some fights are stomp but if you don't do much sidequests it's pretty breathtaking.

So I assume as someone who does all of the side stuff before progressing difficulty should be easy? Are their any progress restrictions like in FFXIII? I like to be overpowered in these games.

No restriction but attacking lower level ennemies gives pretty much no experience, so there's a soft level cap in each zone.

RenCutypoison said:
vivster said:

So I assume as someone who does all of the side stuff before progressing difficulty should be easy? Are their any progress restrictions like in FFXIII? I like to be overpowered in these games.

No restriction but attacking lower level ennemies gives pretty much no experience, so there's a soft level cap in each zone.

Well that pretty much bumped this game down to last place for me. I fucking hate scaling XP and loved FF for not doing that shit. I guess excitement is down to complete zero again.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So skyrims story took less then 5 hours to speed run...maybe 10 if you really took your time.