By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, I just finished FFXV's story (23 hours in)

Tagged games:

Aww awesome the new patch let's you warp any time you want!

Around the Network

Seems like pretty significant comfort improvements. Sounds like it was hell before that patch.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RenCutypoison said:
FunFan said:
How many times did you got party wiped?

0, but I came close a bunch of times. I think I never managed to stock more than 2 mage elixirs / mega phoenix because of that. The difficulty "rythm" is pretty good, some fights are stomp but if you don't do much sidequests it's pretty breathtaking.

O.O How high do you consider your skill level is in thses type of games?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

RenCutypoison said:
FunFan said:
How many times did you got party wiped?

0, but I came close a bunch of times. I think I never managed to stock more than 2 mage elixirs / mega phoenix because of that. The difficulty "rythm" is pretty good, some fights are stomp but if you don't do much sidequests it's pretty breathtaking.

So I assume as someone who does all of the side stuff before progressing difficulty should be easy? Are their any progress restrictions like in FFXIII? I like to be overpowered in these games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If I remember that Xenoblade Chronicles took me almost 100 hours while skipping most side quests, 23 hours is really bad, especially for a JRPG.

Around the Network
etking said:
If I remember that Xenoblade Chronicles took me almost 100 hours while skipping most side quests, 23 hours is really bad, especially for a JRPG.

Star ocean 5 took 19 hours and everyone was saying how awesome that is xD i think you would have to really be rushing to finish in 23 hours.  Most people iv seen say they finished in 30 hours for just story which is pretty standard. 

etking said:

I bet FFXV side quests are better tho

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

etking said:

Xenoblade took me 50/60 hours doing some grinding and a few (interesting) quests

100 hours skipping most side quests? Hell no lol

i dont like 50+ hours games. Except i like the game so much that i play it over and over again.
But wasteing 50+ hours for grind and pooring ass tunnel levels like ff13 or some lame ass stoory like ff13, is a no go.

Better a short good game that i want to replay, than a long piss of shit.

Chris Hu said:
KLAMarine said:

Physical sometimes breaks street date. Digital is almost guaranteed not to ever do so.

physical > digital, you should know this.

Not always you could play the digital version of Forza Motorsports 6 and Forza Horizon 3 a week before the physical copy was released and you could download both of those games even earlier than that.

I'm sure there are exceptions.

setsunatenshi said:
KLAMarine said:

Physical sometimes breaks street date. Digital is almost guaranteed not to ever do so.

physical > digital, you should know this.

Cheating the system > Not cheating the system, it's about the only lesson I can take from this. I'm going full digital this gen and overall am loving it. It just sucks when the restrictions are actually applied to a set of people and not to some others.

But yeah, sucks for me, now I'll wait patiently, holidays already taken to enjoy the game fully

My worry is getting refunds for defective products: refund policies on digital copies are not always consumer-friendly.