By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, I just finished FFXV's story (23 hours in)

Tagged games:

Development time is irrelevant. A game should be judged on its merits.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
setsunatenshi said:
How the hell are so many people playing the game already and i still have to wait till tomorrow for my digital pre order?

Now to avoid the internet until then....

Physical sometimes breaks street date. Digital is almost guaranteed not to ever do so.

physical > digital, you should know this.

Cheating the system > Not cheating the system, it's about the only lesson I can take from this. I'm going full digital this gen and overall am loving it. It just sucks when the restrictions are actually applied to a set of people and not to some others.

But yeah, sucks for me, now I'll wait patiently, holidays already taken to enjoy the game fully

eh that's pretty short and I'm usually a good bit faster than the average, so I hope you haven't taken your time lol.

On the other hand there are excellent RPGs that aren't 50 hours. Just played and beat the Mass Effect trilogy for the past 3 weeks and none of them gave me more than 25 hours of playtime per game (without DLC), but they were still very entertaining.

setsunatenshi said:
KLAMarine said:

Physical sometimes breaks street date. Digital is almost guaranteed not to ever do so.

physical > digital, you should know this.

Cheating the system > Not cheating the system, it's about the only lesson I can take from this. I'm going full digital this gen and overall am loving it. It just sucks when the restrictions are actually applied to a set of people and not to some others.

But yeah, sucks for me, now I'll wait patiently, holidays already taken to enjoy the game fully

Sounds like you're blaming the customers but they aren't cheating the system. That would be the retailers.

27 hours for me (though an hour of it was spent failing to catch a dumb fish for a cat!).

Intel i7-8086k @ 5.1 GHz | Asus Maximus X Hero | 32GB Ballistix Sport LT 2400Mhz RAM | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti

Around the Network
Barozi said:
setsunatenshi said:

Sounds like you're blaming the customers but they aren't cheating the system. That would be the retailers.

I didn't blame any consumer, I would play earlier if I could as well, but sure as hell wouldn't be coming online bragging about it either and possibly spoil the game for other people who have no other option but wait, that's all.

But yeah, Sony is pretty much artificially delaying a digital release just to please retailers and they go behind Sony's back and start selling the game earlier. Hopefully things change over time as digital gets more prevalent.

If I take my time and savor the experience, do everything I can in the game because it's fun, and bust my balls for a plat, I will take waaayyy longer than 23 hours. I am at 107 hours in Yakuza 5 atm. Ridiculous. Been at it since late August though.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

AgentZorn said:
Normally i wouldn't have a problem with a game that long but put into context that it took 10 years to get this released it does seem underwhelming. Still there are parts of the game you probably have not explored and trying to 100% will lead to double that time.

Fr the amount of time that FFXV took to release i expect that there will be no glaring design flaws or low points.

From my estimates and friend inputs who do all the side quests I estimate the full length to be about 70 hours, maybe 80 for the plat'. I encoutered three bugs during the game, but 2 minor ones and one that had me reboot right after an auto save.

You can feel the game took 10 years to develop. The level of details is amazing, and not only graphics wise. Every minute of the main quest is useful to the story, with tons of dialogues while walking and driving and mini cutscenes showing the characters relationships everytime you go to sleep.

hershel_layton said:
look, i don't think you should take anyone's time as fact

For example, many people said they only needed 25 hours to beat sun/moon. I'm currently 30 hours in and am only at the ghost trial. Everyone is different. I think as long as you go at a pace you enjoy, that's good enough.

OP also mentioned how he/she didn't do everything and still enjoyed it. if they did everything else, that's dozens of hours of more content

Same as above.

Jpcc86 said:
Well, depends on the players, i tend to do side quest, get final weapons, unlock beastiary, anything that is available in the game to do before finishing/while finishing the story. So 23 hrs to end the story doesnt tell me much.

Same.

setsunatenshi said:
How the hell are so many people playing the game already and i still have to wait till tomorrow for my digital pre order?

Now to avoid the internet until then....

People have waited 10 years for the game, the clerks are just being understanding of this.

Cirio said:
That... sounds very disappointing to me. Most people said it took them 100 hours to beat Witcher 3, but I beat it in 80 hours (I was highly satisfied by the game though). I was expecting FFXV to be at least a 50-60 hour game. Man, I should avoid all of these previews because the more I learn about the game the more disappointed I get...

From what I heard The Witcher 3 tends to have a lot of idle and walk time. FFXV completely avoids that in the main quest.

How many times did you got party wiped?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)