By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XV Metacritic Thread: 82 with 90 reviews. (Final score?)

So, are you hyped?

Absolutely, this'll be an amazing game! 256 30.33%

Yeah, I hope this turns out great! 193 22.87%

Sure, it'll be good. 78 9.24%

Meh, no strong feelings about it. 85 10.07%

Nah, looks bland. 40 4.74%

Eww, not really. Looks stupid. 22 2.61%

Nope. This shit is destroying Final Fantasy. 68 8.06%

I just want Noctis x Prom... 16 1.90%

No female members = no buy. 42 4.98%

Jpop emo band, unite! 44 5.21%

Total:844

We still have like 20-30 more reviews to come.

Around the Network
golfgt170 said:
We still have like 20-30 more reviews to come.

nah, 50-60

Xenoblade X has 87 reviews, Uncharted 4 112.

Wright said:
Vodacixi said:

Well yeah, you can find some nice things on the dump. But it's mostly composed with garbage.

People are quickly to throw great things into the bin. Regardless of what was already there, the great thing doesn't stop being great, just terribly underappreciated by an unsatisfiable owner.

This conversation is starting to feel a bit dirty xD

Let's forget about garbage analogies. How about... Some people enjoy fast food more than food from a good restaurant, but the last is objectively better than the first?

C'mon buddy, the game may not be completely trash, but it is not well crafted at all. SE wants to make a linear game? Ok, I'm good with that. But do it well for the love of God! Make the damn corridors somewhat interesting! Put things on them! I don't know... Something! The game is empty as fuck until you reach certain area God knows how many hours later. That's not good enough!

Captain_Yuri said:
84 eh. Thats aligned with xcx. Oh well, not that it matters since unless the next reviews really hate it, its not gonna go below 80 and 84 is still a really good score

Well, that certainly illuminates the different standards that games are held to.  

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Runa216 said:
this is getting worse scores than FFXIII...

Reviewers have higher standards for this gen.

Around the Network

Been watching a guy on Twitch playing this game now from the start for 1 hour... so far Theres nothing at all that will make me buy the game.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

It's only going to get lower. The first batch of reviews are usually the highest (average-wise) to get people hyped for the game. I won't be surprised if this ends up below 80, though I'm expecting it to level out in the 81-82 range now.

I can't believe how much people are letting Metacritic decide how good the game is for them personally.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

The fact that Amazon Verfified purchaces reviewers on Amazon have got it at an average of 4.7 out 5 is a much better indicator to me of how I'd rate the game, these people are normal gamers just like me and "professional" reviewers.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Metacritic scores matter only when its where people want it to be.

They mattered for The Order 1886, didn't matter for Star Fox Zero and Fatal Frame V and now matter for Final Fantasy XV. Also its the same as Xenoblade Chronicles X, was that game bad?

It would have scored better without expectations from people who waited for the game for ten years. Also why are some games criticised for some problems with the story while others are fine with much worse story because it only matters in games that try to have a coherent story? This is a problem I have with reviews in general.