By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XV Metacritic Thread: 82 with 90 reviews. (Final score?)

So, are you hyped?

Absolutely, this'll be an amazing game! 256 30.33%

Yeah, I hope this turns out great! 193 22.87%

Sure, it'll be good. 78 9.24%

Meh, no strong feelings about it. 85 10.07%

Nah, looks bland. 40 4.74%

Eww, not really. Looks stupid. 22 2.61%

Nope. This shit is destroying Final Fantasy. 68 8.06%

I just want Noctis x Prom... 16 1.90%

No female members = no buy. 42 4.98%

Jpop emo band, unite! 44 5.21%

Total:844

Come on guys, on what planet is 84 a low score?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
lonerism said:
KLXVER said:

So you would be ok with Breath Of The Wild getting 84 on MC?

Huh? But I'm not even a Zelda fan

Thats fine. Nintendo has had problems with HD development, so Im just asking you that if it gets 84 on MC, you will still call that a great score for the game? I would be disappointed, so I might need you to comfort me...

Vodacixi said:
Wright said:

There's plenty of things to love from XIII, actually. It just didn't fit your taste, but that's alright.

Well yeah, you can find some nice things on the dump. But it's mostly composed with garbage.

People are quickly to throw great things into the bin. Regardless of what was already there, the great thing doesn't stop being great, just terribly underappreciated by an unsatisfiable owner.

AZWification said:

Come on guys, on what planet is 84 a low score?

The planet of Final FantazeeEeeEEeEeEeee.

konnichiwa said:

Well I am not comparing it with FFX on PS2 that one scored higher I am comparing it to a port from a few years ago that scored alright for being outdated (yeah voice acting is awkard at moments but still I was so impressed by it on PS2 because it is one of the first JRPG's that had voiced characters).   

Well I am not a 3DS fan but I would not be surprised that the game ends up being in the top must haves for 3DS. 

Even so, that's still a weird train logic to have. "This entirely different game in concept, gameplay and characters that got a port scored the same!". Even if they bear the same name, they're different games, so I don't see why the score of an updated FFX port should be of any reference. As I said, no Final Fantasy will ever beat FF IX's metacritic score of 96 (or 94, can't remember now), but that doesn't mean all FF games onwards fail for some reason just because they didn't grasp that score. That's not how it works, or at least how I perceive it shouldn't work at all.

Around the Network
Wright said:
konnichiwa said:

Well I am not comparing it with FFX on PS2 that one scored higher I am comparing it to a port from a few years ago that scored alright for being outdated (yeah voice acting is awkard at moments but still I was so impressed by it on PS2 because it is one of the first JRPG's that had voiced characters).   

Well I am not a 3DS fan but I would not be surprised that the game ends up being in the top must haves for 3DS. 

Even so, that's still a weird train logic to have. "This entirely different game in concept, gameplay and characters that got a port scored the same!". Even if they bear the same name, they're different games, so I don't see why the score of an updated FFX port should be of any reference. As I said, no Final Fantasy will ever beat FF IX's metacritic score of 96 (or 94, can't remember now), but that doesn't mean all FF games onwards fail for some reason just because they didn't grasp that score. That's not how it works, or at least how I perceive it shouldn't work at all.

Yep, Final Fantasy X and XV, though they share some similiarities, are not very similar. So I don't think that comparison is fair. What's more, metascores are totally irrelevant, the only thing that matters is your own personal taste. I've played highly acclaimed games which haven't enjoyed at all (Skyrim for example), and games with mixed reception like FFXIII-2 were pretty good. So I don't see why I should care at all xD.

Wright said:
Vodacixi said:

Wait, there was something that people liked about XIII? I couldn't get past the first hours. The thing was so linear (in a bad way, there are some great linear games) and some of the characters where so fucking annoying I just couldn't keep playing. The combat didn't feel that great to me either.

There's plenty of things to love from XIII, actually. It just didn't fit your taste, but that's alright.

I am surprised by people who love FFXIII, I am emotionally attached by some of the other FF's, I want Vivi and the mages to enjoy a long life, I felt so sorry for them and I don't had any moment where I felt the same for the characters of FFXIII.

Story wise it was complicated just like other FF games like FFVII or FFVIII, but even the last one who is certainly not the most loved FF game had some great story moments, I loved the atmosphere of the school and the first mission and school fight pumped me up so much. (makes me remember that I hoped FF type 0 would be same and another SE game that ends up worse than FFXV...ugh I even platinumed the game how fast did I forget the game X_X).

but worst of all, I am honestly shocked that people love FFXIII music... I can listen to the albums of FF games and love them but can't with FFXIII..

With FFXIII I even went so far to read a 10 pages script about how to love FFXIII and I still din't after reading it...   The only postive thing I can say about FFXIII is that it had a sequel. With FFXIII I had to force myself trough it while FFXIII-2 was a game where I had moments where I was looking forward to going home and play it and see what happens if i go back trough time portals).

konnichiwa said:
lonerism said:

Jesus Christ

What is wrong with modern gamers? Since whena 84 is considered low?

This game had so much going on against it, 10 years of development hell and yet it still delivered a nice and gorgeous product

It is basically (at this point) the same score of the PS4 FFX collection port and bravely default.

Summary quality wise it can't beat a + 10 year old games, games made on extreme inferior hardware can't really call it high ^^'

Sure it is gorgeous but people hoped it to be excellent. Like FF was before, now it is potentially one of the worst reviewed SE/JRPG games of this generation. With KHIII/DQ/FFXII port coming up it certainly could be and then we are not talking about other games like Persona 5/Nino Kuni...

Edit: I forgot about Star ocean, =p.

Different standards for different type of games and platforms, I see no use in this comparison honestly

84 eh. Thats aligned with xcx. Oh well, not that it matters since unless the next reviews really hate it, its not gonna go below 80 and 84 is still a really good score

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

konnichiwa said:
Wright said:

I am surprised by people who love FFXIII,

Like I said to that other user, it just didn't fit your taste. Nothing wrong by it.