By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XV Metacritic Thread: 82 with 90 reviews. (Final score?)

So, are you hyped?

Absolutely, this'll be an amazing game! 256 30.33%

Yeah, I hope this turns out great! 193 22.87%

Sure, it'll be good. 78 9.24%

Meh, no strong feelings about it. 85 10.07%

Nah, looks bland. 40 4.74%

Eww, not really. Looks stupid. 22 2.61%

Nope. This shit is destroying Final Fantasy. 68 8.06%

I just want Noctis x Prom... 16 1.90%

No female members = no buy. 42 4.98%

Jpop emo band, unite! 44 5.21%

Total:844
lonerism said:
Guitarguy said:
84 currently. Certainly did not expect it to be that low.

Jesus Christ

What is wrong with modern gamers? Since whena 84 is considered low?

This game had so much going on against it, 10 years of development hell and yet it still delivered a nice and gorgeous product

So you would be ok with Breath Of The Wild getting 84 on MC?

Around the Network
vivster said:
Vodacixi said:

Yeah, I feel that this game is just Square Enix saying: "Oh, you didn't like X thing from XIII? Well, now we'll go for the extreme opposite. Hope you enjoy guys!"

To be fair, they also did this with all the things that people liked from FFXIII. SE always goes all in.

Have to try it to judge it myself, but what are the things in XV that are the opposite of what people liked in XIII? I can only think of the combat, which I enjoyed inmensely in XIII and so far the one in the demos of XV has been quite meh.

Oh dang! I thought it would either stay or at least go higher.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Wright said:
vivster said:

To be fair, they also did this with all the things that people liked from FFXIII. SE always goes all in.

Have to try it to judge it myself, but what are the things in XV that are the opposite of what people liked in XIII? I can only think of the combat, which I enjoyed inmensely in XIII and so far the one in the demos of XV has been quite meh.

For example they completely reversed a whole bunch of X chromosomes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mafioso said:
Digital Foundry says the PS4 and Pro versions of the game still suffer from frame pacing issues found in the demo. Particularly the Pro High version. The visual improvements seem meh as well. So disappointing, as it would have been a perfect tech showcase.

The Pro patch is coming later in december... 

Around the Network
vivster said:
Wright said:

For example they completely reversed a whole bunch of X chromosomes.

Blink fast and Prompto almost looks like a girl, so there's no problem.

84. Its creeping ever closer to my predicted 81. I'm sure there is still a couple dozen other reviews to come in. I kinda like my odds.

lonerism said:
Guitarguy said:
84 currently. Certainly did not expect it to be that low.

Jesus Christ

What is wrong with modern gamers? Since whena 84 is considered low?

This game had so much going on against it, 10 years of development hell and yet it still delivered a nice and gorgeous product

It is basically (at this point) the same score of the PS4 FFX collection port and bravely default.

Summary quality wise it can't beat a + 10 year old games, games made on extreme inferior hardware can't really call it high ^^'

Sure it is gorgeous but people hoped it to be excellent. Like FF was before, now it is potentially one of the worst reviewed SE/JRPG games of this generation. With KHIII/DQ/FFXII port coming up it certainly could be and then we are not talking about other games like Persona 5/Nino Kuni...

Edit: I forgot about Star ocean, =p.

this is getting worse scores than FFXIII...

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

konnichiwa said:

It is basically (at this point) the same score of the PS4 FFX collection port and bravely default.

Summary quality wise it can't beat a + 10 year old games, games made on extreme inferior hardware can't really call it high ^^'

That's not a logic you should abide by, because using this train of thought ultimately means no game has ever beat Ocarina of Time, a +15 year old game, meaning videogames in general are certainly low and they don't seem to evolve at all.