By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Exchange my PS4 Pro for a $200 PS4 Slim Bundle?

What to do?

Keep the Pro! 78 77.23%

Exchange it for the Slim! 23 22.77%

Total:101
GarlandSteve74 said:

Hey everyone,

I got a PS4 Pro back on the 10th and have been pretty disappointed with what it has to offer so far.  

I was looking at Target's website this morning and saw that they have the $249 Uncharted 4 Slim bundle with an additional 15% off for RedCard members along with the standard 5% off that we already get.  That brings the price at checkout down to $201.  

What do you guy think?  

Should I return the Pro and opt for the vanilla PS4 at half the price with a free game?  

Should I wait for the next wave of titles to come to the PS4 Pro and see if the performance improves at all?

This is why I hate Black Friday hahaha.

I appreciate any input you might have!

without a 4k tv or psvr the pro doesnt have enough benefits to justify the double priece tag. This forum basically is the worst place to ask such a question though, mostly hardcore gamers are here and the ps4 pro is like the sangraal for some. They dont care about your personal situation, they will always say get the pro no matter what story ;)

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
The slim doesn't do anything better than the pro. So unless you need the difference in cash - I don't see the point.

If you need the difference sure, if not - no.

thats not true.

More energy consumption, louder, gets way hotter (could broke faster), more expensive, heavier. 

Turn it in. The extra cash for a few fps or a little better resolution isn't really worth it.

I must have missed something given some of these posts and the YouTube videos I've seen popping up suddenly, is there something wrong with the pro?

Kinda figured it would mostly be about the same with a few upgrades, like trading in your phone for one a couple generations newer. What could be bad enough to make people angry?

Sell it and in a few months when you regret selling it, buy another.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

If you're not wowed by the difference, and can recoup all your funds, do it.

If the slim is on sale, get it now and worst case you could sell it later and buy another pro at whatever reduced price it is at that time.

GribbleGrunger said:

btw your picture is wrong, the xbox one s is also capable of native 4k in games and apps.

Both system arnt capable of 4k native in in modern 8th gen games though, But the ps4pro is not the only console.

shikamaru317 said:
GarlandSteve74 said:

I can return it for the full $400 I paid for it rather than having to trade it in.

Where did you buy it at? Most places won't let your return products once the box has been opened. 

You can return almost anything, for almost any reason, usually for 30 days after purchase.  Sometimes electronics have a shorter window, like 15 days.  The only significant exception to this is software.  Usually, opened software can only be exchanged for the same title.

FYI - If you buy at Target with their Red Card, you can return opened stuff (except software) for 90 days, in most cases.  Best Buy has something similar for Reward Zone members.  

I didn't know Target offered returns for that long.  Thanks for the heads up!

GribbleGrunger said:

Sound advice! You only learn from your mistakes!