By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SMACH Z. A Nintendo Switch with(out) Nintendo games?

What do you think about the Smach Z?

Great Concept 18 17.31%

Its okay. 21 20.19%

Its shit. 26 25.00%

Its Garbage, the Switch w... 28 26.92%

Results 11 10.58%

Total:104
Barozi said:
looks like a nightmare to control. Why not add a second analog stick?

The controls are customizable. The "standard" layout is just the same as the steam controller, but its works basically like the xbox one elite controller.

You can also connect other controllers (eg. up to 16 Steam Controllers) to the Smach Z to play local multiplayer (when Smach Z is connected to your TV).

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smachteam/smach-z-the-handheld-gaming-pc

Around the Network

Can it run Crysis though?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Yeah we get it, the switch isnt an original idea.

This was always going to be the problem with Switch. Its another tablet in a world full of tablets. There is a tablet that already does what Switch does with detachable controllers. There is another tablet that outmuscles it. There is yet another tablet with better battery life.

If this wasn't a Nintendo branded tablet, it would be widely ignored by the rest of the world. The fact it says Nintendo on the box is its only saving grace. If any other tablet maker was willing to dedicate the resources to making the games for their tablet exclusively, we'd see pretty much what Nintendo is doing with Switch.

This is 1st time I hear about this, and most likely last time..

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
This was always going to be the problem with Switch. Its another tablet in a world full of tablets. There is a tablet that already does what Switch does with detachable controllers. There is another tablet that outmuscles it. There is yet another tablet with better battery life.

If this wasn't a Nintendo branded tablet, it would be widely ignored by the rest of the world. The fact it says Nintendo on the box is its only saving grace. If any other tablet maker was willing to dedicate the resources to making the games for their tablet exclusively, we'd see pretty much what Nintendo is doing with Switch.

I agree. Just see the reactions (my poll) on this. Many people hate it, but in my opinion its very similar to the switch. To be honest im pretty sure that many people would get crazy if the switch would have similar capabilities to the Smach Z (emulate everything from gamecube ps2 and co, stream games in best quality from pc, level of performance, amount of launch games). Nintendo fans got crazy about skyrim on Switch, but this thing does pretty much the same (and plays also GTA, Dragon Age, Assassins Creed, Starcraft, Warcraft, Heartstone, Crysis,  Gothic, All Gamecube games, All ps2 games, All n64 Games).

But its not from nintendo => its shit. Everybody who basically say this device is shit and buys the switch, is (in my opinion!) lying to himself. The concepts are very, very similar.

Miyamotoo said:
This is 1st time I hear about this, and most likely last time..

So as far as I know you very excited about the switch, made tons of topic and will probl buy it very soon. Im right? Can you explain why your THAT interested in the switch but not a little bit interested in that unit? In my opinion both devices are very similar so it doesnt make sense for me, maybe you can help me...

AZWification said:

Can it run Crysis though?

Yeah definitly shouldnt be a problem. It also does decent in Fallout 4. On the small screen the lowered details and resolution will most likely make it on par with the xbox one version.

Starting at 2:25

OdinHades said:
No use for it without Nintendo games, on top of that, it's ugly as hell!

When it comes to emulators, my Vita got me covered thanks to Henkaku.

So you do think the complete Gamecube, n64, SNES and NES library will be inferior to the switch library?

Not to mention basically ALL 7th gen PC games and any older game (ps2, Gamecube, N64).

You really are obsessed with the Switch capabilities, arent you?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1