By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SMACH Z. A Nintendo Switch with(out) Nintendo games?

What do you think about the Smach Z?

Great Concept 18 17.31%

Its okay. 21 20.19%

Its shit. 26 25.00%

Its Garbage, the Switch w... 28 26.92%

Results 11 10.58%

Total:104

Never heard of this before, but if I have the option to choose, I would definitely go for the Switch because of the Nintendo games :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

Did you see the positive reception the reveal got?

Top comment on youtube are like: "Wait? I can play skyrim in a plane? Nice".

Smash SmachZ do the same.

Nobody but some die hard nintendo fans said "wow i can finally nintendo games because that wasnt possible for the past 20 years. And the graphics are even the same/very similar to the wii u, a console that got dozens of great nintendo games and I had zero interest in".

The Mass market likes the switch because of the portability feature. Not because of the (so far) extremly lack lusting exclusive game lineup that isnt even confirmed yet. The Wii U had basically the same games, nobody cared.

The Smash has the same big feature, but can play more aaa games. Easy winner for all not nintendo fans. The 13 mio wii u owner might prefer the switch to play the nintendo games once again.

omgfk said:
Nautilus said:

Nobody but some die hard nintendo fans said "wow i can finally nintendo games because that wasnt possible for the past 20 years. And the graphics are even the same/very similar to the wii u, a console that got dozens of great nintendo games and I had zero interest in".

The Mass market likes the switch because of the portability feature. Not because of the (so far) extremly lack lusting exclusive game lineup that isnt even confirmed yet. The Wii U had basically the same games, nobody cared.

The Smash has the same big feature, but can play more aaa games. Easy winner for all not nintendo fans. The 13 mio wii u owner might prefer the switch to play the nintendo games once again.

So thats all you got to say?The only part in my whole post that you can counter argument is that tiny phrase?Good, because that means that I won the argument and the best answer you got is "But.... But.... Wii U!".

Look, if you want to have an actual and unbiased conversation about the capabilities of a machine, I am more than happy to discuss.But if the whole point of this thread is to disguise the discussion and be about " The Switch sucks because of reasons" without willing to take or accept criticism and build arguments on that, I just ask you one thing:Be direct.If you want to say why you think the Seitch sucks, go forth and be direct about it.But dont hide behind this Smasch machine to do so.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

omgfk said:
Nautilus said:

I really don't think the smach is going to be a success to be honest, If Nvidia can't do it with the shield, smach is going to be niche, very niche. While the switch is going to have a massive marketing campaing with big games like mario, zelda and pokemon the first year. Just reality, smach has 0 chance against the switch. This is not about " ohh switch is hyped because of Nintendo fans" it's about mass market, Nintendo is bigger than smach, and that's how it is. Plus the optimization thing, every video I saw about the smach I see all the games stuttering and so, so the quality is not there, not for that price.

onionberry said:

I really don't think the smach is going to be a success to be honest, If Nvidia can't do it with the shield, smach is going to be niche, very niche. While the switch is going to have a massive marketing campaing with big games like mario, zelda and pokemon the first year. Just reality, smach has 0 chance against the switch. This is not about " ohh switch is hyped because of Nintendo fans" it's about mass market, Nintendo is bigger than smach, and that's how it is. Plus the optimization thing, every video I saw about the smach I see all the games stuttering and so, so the quality is not there, not for that price.

The Smach as a single unit not, but portable PC-handhelds that will come as well as a general. The Smach is just a prototype. Do you really think Asus, Acer, Alienware and co wont copy the SMACH idea as soon as mobile console like gaming turns out to be a success (with the switch). 

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

The Switch sucks because of reasons

I never said it sucks. Im even considering buying one and I even own a wii u im happy with. Im just not blind in love and dont think nintendos exclusives are enough to compete against the competition that might come in the future and the switch might flop because of that.

When we get pcs in similar casing and with similar functions to the switch, its "feature" is not worth anything anymore. A Nintendo console without a unique killer feature has high chances to flop (gamecube, wii u).

The 3ds also didnt had a killer feature but was in the good position to not had real competition. The vita did poorly and hadnt got many aaa support and phone games werent compareable in the past and dont have dedicated controls. The switch on the other hand might have some really tough competition with systems that play more games in better quality (future models). I highly doubt the next GTA will be released on the switch, but if it can run on a handheld pc I can definitly see people that are interested in handheld gaming getting this over the switch.

omgfk said:
onionberry said:

The Smach as a single unit not, but portable PC-handhelds that will come as well as a general. The Smach is just a prototype. Do you really think Asus, Acer, Alienware and co wont copy the SMACH idea as soon as mobile console like gaming turns out to be a success (with the switch). 

yeah, and hopefully we will have an awesome portable steam machine, but I don't see it with the smach. As a pc gamer I would love to play my steam games on a portable console, without streaming.  The hypothetical Alienware portable, with good performance and all that is not going to cost less than $500, so it's going to be a premium product for gamers, still a niche product. You could say the same about steam machines, that was one of the highlights, thousands of games from the beginning "oh no, consoles are in trouble" and now what, steam machines are dead and the ps4 is the best selling console of this gen.

onionberry said:

yeah, and hopefully we will have an awesome portable steam machine, but I don't see it with the smach. As a pc gamer I would love to play my steam games on a portable console, without streaming.  The hypothetical Alienware portable, with good performance and all that is not going to cost less than $500, so it's going to be a premium product for gamers, still a niche product. You could say the same about steam machines, that was one of the highlights, thousands of games from the beginning "oh no, consoles are in trouble" and now what, steam machines are dead and the ps4 is the best selling console of this gen.

PCs are already alot more expensive then consoles and still make some trouble.

Steam Machines problem was, they didnt offer anything a self build pc cant offer but were alot more expensive and not as powerfull.

A handheld pc on the other hand offers alot a normal build pc can offer. So its definitly not compareable.

And its also about performance. The Switchs performance will most likelybe in the same range as the Smach. Both will play similar third party support but you wont see games like Mass Effect Androemda or RDR2 on both. If (non nintendo fans) are okay with that an are interested in the switch nontheless, they would be as interested in the smach as well. Because for normal people it doesnt matter if the game play zelda, mario and pokemon or gta, crysis and lol. the mature audience will most likely prefer the smachs offers.

But all in all i agree, the smach itsilf will most likely not have a marketing campaign and wont have a chance because of that. Most people will just not know about it.

Tegra X1

Tegra X1 win.