By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Pro performs pretty much like a $1000 PC, Hitman improved in every way on PS4 Pro

Ruler said:
_Jameson said:

Did you really link a video with someone running a betchmark with SSAA x4? Are you trolling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZEhkcs9hpU < a proper video of performance

its only runing at 80fps and both the GPU CPU cost 800€.

800€ for both compomemts how it comprarable to a 400€ console? How can anyone recomd this to console gamers?

Is the cost difference relevant? 

My comment toward your misinformation.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
Yes, consoles are cheaper than PCs, that is true. PCs will however always be more powerful. Just pick what you like better, no point in comparing them to much and look for what is ultimately better. Because there is no option that is better for everyone. It always depends on personal preference.

Take me for example. I don't care too much about money. I would just use a Geforce GTX 1080 end enjoy rock-solid 144 fps for the friggin' smoothest Gameplay you have ever seen. I don't care at all about 4K and this is where PC has its biggest advantage: choice. If I decide to play on 1080p, I can squeeze out the very last dip of my hardware power for that resolution and I don't need a patch for older games to get a massive boost compared to older hardware.

I get that not everyone is like me though, so just play whereever you want and I'm sure we can co-exist in peace. About silly comments on the internet and hatred towards any particular platform: Just ignore it. Those comments are coming from idiots and it's a waste of time to talk with them.

Refreshing to see. Can't stress this enough.

As for me, I'm more than happy with my regular ps4. The whole hassle with getting certain games to work on pc just ain't worth it for me.

_Jameson said:
Ruler said:

its only runing at 80fps and both the GPU CPU cost 800€.

800€ for both compomemts how it comprarable to a 400€ console? How can anyone recomd this to console gamers?

Did you really link a video with someone running a betchmark with SSAA x4? Are you trolling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZEhkcs9hpU < a proper video of performance

Yeah but if you run Rise of the Tombraider on PS4 Pro in 1440p on an 1080p Display it pretty much is like SSAA and beyond, so the performance is pretty much on par with an over $1000 PC playing in 1080p

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/09/07/ps4-pro-devs-from-naughty-dog-guerrilla-and-insomniac-explain-its-gains-supersampling-supported/

• Van Beek explained that PS4 Pro supports supersampling on normal HDTVs, helping in removing shimmering and aliasing, and creating a much crisper image even on a normal 1080p screen. Hastings added that you get “a sense of the detail” and “temporal stability” that is hard to achieve at standard 1080p, because you’re packing more information in each pixel, and the image quality improves. It’s not the same thing as in actual 4K, but it’s a noticeable improvement and it makes a difference.

Ruler said:
_Jameson said:

yeah but if you run Rise of the Tombraider on PS4 Pro in 1440p on an 1080p Display it pretty much is like SSAA and beyond, so the performance is pretty much on par with an over $1000 PC playing in 1080p

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/09/07/ps4-pro-devs-from-naughty-dog-guerrilla-and-insomniac-explain-its-gains-supersampling-supported/

• Van Beek explained that PS4 Pro supports supersampling on normal HDTVs, helping in removing shimmering and aliasing, and creating a much crisper image even on a normal 1080p screen. Hastings added that you get “a sense of the detail” and “temporal stability” that is hard to achieve at standard 1080p, because you’re packing more information in each pixel, and the image quality improves. It’s not the same thing as in actual 4K, but it’s a noticeable improvement and it makes a difference.

So the PS4 pro run it at 80fps with all the bells and whistles?

Goodnightmoon said:
Lawlight said:

Sure.. if you like certain genres of games. I'm not one for MOBAs or RTSs.

Appart from being the best for those genres it also has the best indies on the market, the 95% of console catalogue, access to all kinds of emulators, a huge mod variety for all kind of games and eternal backward compatibility. Oh, and you don't have to pay extra to play your games online.

:)

Indies, eh? Not a lot of people will take those over first party exclusives. I know I wouldn't. Emulators are nice... if you can bother getting them to work. And I'd rather pay for online if it gives me hundreds of dollars worth of games for the price of 1. I mean Dirt 3 and Yakuza 5 this year would cost you $85 and that's just 2 games.

Around the Network

Let's put an i7 6950x in there: "PS4 Pro pretty much like a $2000 PC"... smh

chris0409 said:
Let's put an i7 6950x in there: "PS4 Pro pretty much like a $2000 PC"... smh

And then you even don't get a controller with it!

Lawlight said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Appart from being the best for those genres it also has the best indies on the market, the 95% of console catalogue, access to all kinds of emulators, a huge mod variety for all kind of games and eternal backward compatibility. Oh, and you don't have to pay extra to play your games online.

:)

Indies, eh? Not a lot of people will take those over first party exclusives. I know I wouldn't. Emulators are nice... if you can bother getting them to work. And I'd rather pay for online if it gives me hundreds of dollars worth of games for the price of 1. I mean Dirt 3 and Yakuza 5 this year would cost you $85 and that's just 2 games.

2 words: Steam Sales

Most emulators today work without any kind of extra work as long as your PC can run them.

Also: 

Stardew Valley -->1.8m
Undertales --> 2 m
Faster Than Light --> 2.5m
Cities Skyline --> 2.8m (more than Bloodborne)
Limbo --> 4m 
Ark --> 4m
Rust--> 4.7m (More Than Uncharted 4)

"Not a lot of people"

I honestly think the guy should have either saved a couple of hundred dollars and got a cheaper CPU to bring the price down or spent the saved money on a 1070 to give a clear performace difference and hit a rock solid 60fps. I just think if you are spending that much on a PC you shouldn't bottleneck the performance like that. Though it could be the case that he doesn't want to have to bother upgrading the CPU again and decided to splash out now and take a hit. However, comparing systems 'as-is' I think it's worth taking the lavish price on that CPU into account.

(I'm a very poor person though, so while being part of the PC gaming master race, I am one of the mid range PC owning lower castes who just does menial tasks while my people soar above me on i7 processor spaceships I can only dream off) :P

I'm pretty sure PS4 runs it at medium settings. And that's a pretty crappy comparison, what's the point of comparing different settings?

It'll perform exactly like it's PC GPU equivalent, which is an RX 470, you can build one with an i3 for about 500$ that will give about the same performance of the PS4 Pro if not better (due to significantly better CPU).