By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Pro performs pretty much like a $1000 PC, Hitman improved in every way on PS4 Pro

vivster said:
deskpro2k3 said:

well in fairness, you can trade in your OG PS4, for a PS4Pro at a discounted price. Can shave off over a 100 dollars.

As you can do with your previous GPU.

Price battles are silly and only show the insecurities of some people. I mean if PS4 Pro can't be the best in both price and performance it must be trash right? Completely ignoring that PCs are a completely different entities with their own advantages. But it can't be, right? If Consoles are better at price/performance they must be the best at everything and are instantly better than everything else. Right? Price/performance is the only thing that matters and everyone who buys an expensive PC is stupid. Right? Console people are cleverest people. Right? That's why these threads exist. Right? To prove who is betterer at buying stuff. Right?

Tbf he bought an expensive as hell rig, though he's actively countering each advantage blow for blow for the Pro.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Can it run EU4, FM17 or Civ6?

No? I`d much rather the $1000 PC then...

PC exclusives are worthless and we all know that. Everyone who buys a PC is stupid. Because buying something you want that's expensive is bad and buying something you want that's cheap is good. PC people lose at buying things. It's over. Console people won because they are the clevererest.

Quoted for truth. Proven many times by completely reasonable threads and posts by the tc, free of any doubt, exaggerating and generalizations. 

Ruler said:

i really dont get this mentality why people are getting so aggressive for stating common history, consoles were always sold cheaper for the actual performance they gave. The NES, Genesis, SNES, PS1, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Xbox 360 and PS3 were all $1000 PCs/Homecomputers in performance if not more but for a much lower price. The Xbox One and PS4 were the first generation not going along dueto the companies wanting to make profit. The PS4 Pro is going back to that route, its nothing new.

No one back then denied that the PS2 had the same performance of a 1000$ PC why now?

Because you're flat out making the Pro out to be a system that can go toe to toe directly with a 1k rig let alone be better than it. Others have been pouring data into the thread and general knowledge on a 1k setup destroying the pro, yet you just roll back to price point and what it can do, then go back on the rise of pitting it and older systems against different 1k PC's.

This whole thread has turned into nothing more than a console vs PC thread because of the OP and more or less the obvious title. Why does this have to happen every time with you?. Do you see me making constant threads about a PC versus the PS3 or even 4?, do you?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Ruler said:
Azzanation said:
1 game does not factor in much. If a Dev is lazy on the PC side of things than even a WiiU can look better. Its all down to optimization. If the dev wants to utilise the $900 PC hardware to its fullest than this thread wont even exist.

i can say the same thing about the PS4 Pro there are lazy updates too like Overwatch and great ones like FFXV, Hitman or B1. And those are updates, not games devoloped with PS4 Pro in mind since Day 1 of the devolopement circle

Exactly.  Obviously if they made it from the ground up for the Pro results would be better! 

walsufnir said:
vivster said:

PC exclusives are worthless and we all know that. Everyone who buys a PC is stupid. Because buying something you want that's expensive is bad and buying something you want that's cheap is good. PC people lose at buying things. It's over. Console people won because they are the clevererest.

Quoted for truth. Proven many times by completely reasonable threads and posts by the tc, free of any doubt, exaggerating and generalizations. 

This. I've seen it so many times in different threads on how PC exclusives don't even matter because they aren'y holywood "blockbusters", or how they aren't a fun" genre or designed by devs who aren't that known on the other side.

I don't even ramble against those who shell out for expensive cars, hell I applaud them for it when I watch Top Gear. Those that pay for high end hardware or expensive high end products do what they do, there is never a need to compare the low and cheapest paid product versus the high end to somehow always make the cheaper option out to beat the expensive, otherwise all those VIP services, products, cars and other things in life may as well all be trash because they are expensive.

Around the Network
Ruler said:

i really dont get this mentality why people are getting so aggressive for stating common history, consoles were always sold cheaper for the actual performance they gave. The NES, Genesis, SNES, PS1, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Xbox 360 and PS3 were all $1000 PCs/Homecomputers in performance if not more but for a much lower price. The Xbox One and PS4 were the first generation not going along dueto the companies wanting to make profit. The PS4 Pro is going back to that route, its nothing new.

No one back then denied that the PS2 had the same performance of a 1000$ PC why now?

I've got a PS4 Pro.

I've also got a $800-$1000 PC.

I can assure you that the PC absolutely destroys the PS4 Pro in games that are available for both systems.

I can also assure you that my wifes $550 PC that we built last winter is superior to the PS4 Pro as well.

Do you have a gaming PC?  

Have you compared the 2 platforms? 

Have you ever even used a gaming PC?

GarlandSteve74 said:

I've got a PS4 Pro.

I can assure you that the PC absolutely destroys the PS4 Pro in games that are available for both systems.

I can also assure you that my wifes $550 PC that we built last winter is superior to the PS4 Pro as well.

Do you have a gaming PC?  

He apparently used to be a PC gamer yonks ago, but gave it all up for reasons he mentioned in the past. Though the more I look at these threads, the more I keep thinking of classic Stockholm syndrome, where one has to keep telling themselves and everyone around them that they made the "right" choice and vouch for what they have versus what they didn't choose (which is honestly how I see console wars these days).

GarlandSteve74 said:
Ruler said:

I've got a PS4 Pro.

Do you have a gaming PC?  

no it doesnt

Chazore said:
vivster said:

As you can do with your previous GPU.

Price battles are silly and only show the insecurities of some people. I mean if PS4 Pro can't be the best in both price and performance it must be trash right? Completely ignoring that PCs are a completely different entities with their own advantages. But it can't be, right? If Consoles are better at price/performance they must be the best at everything and are instantly better than everything else. Right? Price/performance is the only thing that matters and everyone who buys an expensive PC is stupid. Right? Console people are cleverest people. Right? That's why these threads exist. Right? To prove who is betterer at buying stuff. Right?

Tbf he bought an expensive as hell rig, though he's actively countering each advantage blow for blow for the Pro.

Nah man I'm on no sides, just leveling the playing field.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Chazore said:
GarlandSteve74 said:

I've got a PS4 Pro.

Do you have a gaming PC?  

He apparently used to be a PC gamer yonks ago, but gave it all up for reasons he mentioned in the past. Though the more I look at these threads, the more I keep thinking of classic Stockholm syndrome, where one has to keep telling themselves and everyone around them that they made the "right" choice and vouch for what they have versus what they didn't choose (which is honestly how I see console wars these days).

Why you have it to make it always personal?