By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Pro performs pretty much like a $1000 PC, Hitman improved in every way on PS4 Pro

Ruler said:
GarlandSteve74 said:

I've got a PS4 Pro.

I've also got a $800-$1000 PC.

I can assure you that the PC absolutely destroys the PS4 Pro in games that are available for both systems.

I can also assure you that my wifes $550 PC that we built last winter is superior to the PS4 Pro as well.

Do you have a gaming PC?  

Have you compared the 2 platforms? 

Have you ever even used a gaming PC?

no it doesnt

Do you even know what specs his machine is rocking let alone what those specs can actually handle?.

I mean he just said he has a machine in that PP, but you're claiming his machine doesn't beat the Pro, because?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Guys, this thread is getting viscous. Want to compare specs - go right ahead.

Don't let it get personal.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Ruler said:
GarlandSteve74 said:

I've got a PS4 Pro.

I can assure you that the PC absolutely destroys the PS4 Pro in games that are available for both systems.

I can also assure you that my wifes $550 PC that we built last winter is superior to the PS4 Pro as well.

Do you have a gaming PC?  

no it doesnt

I have a 4670K@4.6Ghz and a GTX 1070 that boosts to 2.15Ghz.  

I run Overwatch at 4K/60.  

I run BF4 at 4K/60.  

I run Fallout 4 at 4K/50.  

I run Doom at 1440p/90FPS

I run RotTR at 1440p/75FPS

You have no idea what you're talking about.  

Like me, you're a Sony fan that is upset with how the PS4 Pro is performing.  

I'm right there with you!  

There are over a half dozen Pro games with frame rates that drop below 30FPS!  

Instead of defending it, lets speak up an let Sony know we want better support in the future!  

Ruler said:

Why you have it to make it always personal? 

Why must you always make it out to be eprsonal. Why must those who bring up history be seen and painted as "personal" people. It's like me bringing up an the history of what me and a mate did years ago and him suddenly spouting "why you gotta be personal?".

It's a fact that you used to be a PC gamer, you said this yourself, I am merely pointing that out in this thread to go along with how this fits into the debates that have been going on. You've made threads in favor of the Pro or PS4/consoles in general against PC, this is a fact, me pointing it out or bringing it up should have no bearing on me trying to remind others of what has already transpired, that is otherwise not known about.

I don't think it should ever be against the rules to bring up what someone has said before in the past, lets not make that a personal jousting session of it.

Also the the stockholm syndrome part, yes it exists for products and purchasing them, also known as "Choice-supportive bias" (which is a common theme that happens on this forum all the time).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ruler said:
GarlandSteve74 said:

I've got a PS4 Pro.

Do you have a gaming PC?  

no it doesnt

Can't argue with that detailed reasoning.

Around the Network
Ruler said:

i really dont get this mentality why people are getting so aggressive for stating common history, consoles were always sold cheaper for the actual performance they gave. The NES, Genesis, SNES, PS1, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Xbox 360 and PS3 were all $1000 PCs/Homecomputers in performance if not more but for a much lower price. The Xbox One and PS4 were the first generation not going along dueto the companies wanting to make profit. The PS4 Pro is going back to that route, its nothing new.

No one back then denied that the PS2 had the same performance of a 1000$ PC why now?

Seriously, Ruler.

Are you familiar with the concept that if you make a statement, then you have to prove it?

Show us for every console mentioned what a $1000 PC at that time was capable of and compare the games on PC with the games on the console.

And don't try to evade this with "it's common knowledge" - it's not.

I am looking forward to your detailed anwer.

Ruler said:

Its funny people say that the PS4 Pro is bottlenecked by its CPU if you go and read the comments in every DF video, but even a 400€ Corei7 of the latest generation cant hit 60fps on these new games on PC. I really dont get this pure hatred for the PS4 Pro if you go to the comments section of every DF video.

dont make sutch a statement, every game works differently, proven in games like Assassins Creed (which tent to run better on the Xbox One because of its faster CPU) games use different components in different ways, so yes the PS4 pro Will be limited by:

- Amount of ram
- Memory Bandwith
- Processor

doesn't meen thats bad, something has to limit the machine, but the graphics card is generally much faster then other parts of the console, however, some games that are optimized for the GPU doing the hard work and are optimized for AMD games & drivers will shine.

And as proven for years generally consoles which have 1 (or now 2) builds, will get better optimized games overall, but don't make a statement the ps4 pro beats a $900 pc in third party games, that is a lie, and not something people expect nor should expect when buying the ps4 pro, and don't state the ps4 doesn't have games where a component can be limited, every decide has this, pc's, other consoles, tablets, mobile phones doesn't matter. Depending on what you are doing bottlenecks will appear.

This topic is very misleading and should just state "Sqaure did an amazing job of brining hitman to the ps4 pro" and yes. they did.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Yeah, sorry, but no.

Hitman is heavily AMD optimized title and if you want to compare apples to apples you should try it with PC with AMD GPU.

PS4Pro is a slick machine, but it still has crap CPU, mediocre GPU and it will never perform even close to $1000 PC (which will pack at least 1070).

HoloDust said:
Yeah, sorry, but no.

Hitman is heavily AMD optimized title and if you want to compare apples to apples you should try it with PC with AMD GPU.

PS4Pro is a slick machine, but it still has crap CPU, mediocre GPU and it will never perform even close to $1000 PC (which will pack at least 1070).

Yup, the 1070 is around 420 euro in price watchers, and building a computer around that gpu with a 1000 budget is very easy, you could even go lower. So many things wrong with this topic, one goes doesn't represent overall performance, The Ps4 is based off a GPU that is around the $200 for pc (which is still good for console) with a very slow laptop CPU, so obviously CPU intensive games will suffer and anyone writing there isn't a CPU bottleneck can be right...

with hitman.....

Theres a big reason why PC Cpu's havn't needed an upgrade in ages, my 2600K from 2011 or 2012 is still increadibly fast in most games because almost everything runs on consoles that are based on a very weak cpu,

not don't take this things as bashing the ps4 pro, its a good machine, it should put most of the power in the GPU, it is build as a console that developers need to work around the limitations to build a great experience, but just don't make silly claims it beats $1000 pc's because people will point out you are incorrect.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

who cares, on pc there stil mooaaaa and better games!!!!!