By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Pro performs pretty much like a $1000 PC, Hitman improved in every way on PS4 Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLCZaOJezRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDH19V_2GAU

If you watched both videos you can see how the PS4 Pro runs the game at 1440p and has around 50ish framerates, the PC version runs identical at 50 and cant hit 60fps either on 1440p with Ultra settings, while PS4 Pro runs probably at High setting with imrpoved shadows.  The PC user runs the game on an Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU and Intel i7-5820K CPU with 16GB. Those components alone will cost you 900$.

Its funny people say that the PS4 Pro is bottlenecked by its CPU if you go and read the comments in every DF video, but even a 400€ Corei7 of the latest generation cant hit 60fps on these new games on PC. I really dont get this pure hatred for the PS4 Pro if you go to the comments section of every DF video.

Around the Network
Ruler said:

If you watched both videos you can see how the PS4 Pro runs the game at 1440p and has around 50ish framerates, the PC version runs identical and cant hit 60fps either on 1440p with Ultra settings, while PS4 Pro runs probably at High setting with imrpoved shadows.  The PC user runs the game on an Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU and Intel i7-5820K CPU with 16GB. Those components alone will cost you 900$.

EDIT: I'm an idiot and I shouldn't be posting post at 4 am because apparently I can't read. Forget I said anything.

Zkuq said:
Ruler said:

If you watched both videos you can see how the PS4 Pro runs the game at 1440p and has around 50ish framerates, the PC version runs identical and cant hit 60fps either on 1440p with Ultra settings, while PS4 Pro runs probably at High setting with imrpoved shadows.  The PC user runs the game on an Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU and Intel i7-5820K CPU with 16GB. Those components alone will cost you 900$.

I don't think what you're saying here corresponds to the title of this thread almost at all. $900 isn't $1000, high settings aren't ultra settings, and 50 FPS isn't 60 FPS. I don't really disagree with your point here, because it's no secret that the entry cost of console gaming is often much lower than that of PC gaming, but I'm not really seeing much new here.

-PC is 50ish fps too

- its over 1000$ PC Hardware if you count in the motherboard, powersupply, 1TB HD, PC Case, Blue Ray Drive and PS4 Pro Dualshock. Just gave basic components for the 900$ number

Now let's run every other game like a $1,000 pc. The ps4, ps4 pro and the xbox have shit cpus, that's a fact. If the game can't hit 60fps with that rig it's not because of the cpu, especially that amazing cpu, it's because of the graphics chip, the game is optimized for amd cards. The ps4 pro is a $450-$500 pc, and not even because there are some games that run way better on a pc of that cost than on the ps4 pro. Awesome console for the price, I have one, but not $900 good.

Ruler said:

-PC is 50ish fps too

- its over 1000$ PC Hardware if you count in the motherboard, powersupply, 1TB HD, PC Case, Blue Ray Drive and PS4 Pro Dualshock. Just gave basic components for the 900$ number

Yeah, I edited my post after looking at things more carefully. I shouldn't be posting at 4 am. >.< Anyway, at least the settings part still stands. :P

Around the Network

Yes, consoles are cheaper than PCs, that is true. PCs will however always be more powerful. Just pick what you like better, no point in comparing them to much and look for what is ultimately better. Because there is no option that is better for everyone. It always depends on personal preference.

Take me for example. I don't care too much about money. I would just use a Geforce GTX 1080 end enjoy rock-solid 144 fps for the friggin' smoothest Gameplay you have ever seen. I don't care at all about 4K and this is where PC has its biggest advantage: choice. If I decide to play on 1080p, I can squeeze out the very last dip of my hardware power for that resolution and I don't need a patch for older games to get a massive boost compared to older hardware.

I get that not everyone is like me though, so just play whereever you want and I'm sure we can co-exist in peace. About silly comments on the internet and hatred towards any particular platform: Just ignore it. Those comments are coming from idiots and it's a waste of time to talk with them.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

PS4PRO is Jesus!!

Ruler said:
Zkuq said:

I don't think what you're saying here corresponds to the title of this thread almost at all. $900 isn't $1000, high settings aren't ultra settings, and 50 FPS isn't 60 FPS. I don't really disagree with your point here, because it's no secret that the entry cost of console gaming is often much lower than that of PC gaming, but I'm not really seeing much new here.

-PC is 50ish fps too

$699 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230155

includes a pc case, 1TB + 128 SSD + Civ6. Cheaper games, no online sub.

The 1060 alone is only $200. Assuming you already have an average PC, the 1060 is a steal compared to PS4 Pro. The inevitable 18 month upgrade will probably be half the cost too.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

PS4 Pro is an outstanding deal, and the same will be true for Scorpio next year. These two consoles have solidified my decision to never easte money on another PC.

The only thing holding PS4 Pro back is the lack of RAM that would allow for better mulritasking, and more extensive video and picture editing apps. If Scorpio does in fact have 12GB of RAM, it will be more than capable of running advanced editing software, as long as a game is not running.

Other than editinv though, both consoles do just fine. Microsoft Office Online works amazingly on both systems browsers, and many more applications can be found online as well. With MS expanding UWA on XBO, most of these programms will even be native on XBO.

I see no need for a computer at home going forward unless you have to have an unbelievable device for editing and creating. For your average bill paying, facebooking, e-mail checking, web browsing consumer, both console give you much better value, and much better performance per dollar.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

onionberry said:
Now let's run every other game like a $1,000 pc. The ps4, ps4 pro and the xbox have shit cpus, that's a fact. If the game can't hit 60fps with that rig it's not because of the cpu, especially that amazing cpu, it's because of the graphics chip, the game is optimized for amd cards. The ps4 pro is a $450-$500 pc, and not even because there are some games that run way better on a pc of that cost than on the ps4 pro. Awesome console for the price, I have one, but not $900 good.

So you blame it at optimisation? i can blame optimisation too for every lucklast PS4 Pro update like Overwatch. Its not only Hitman look at Battlefield 1 running at 60fps, 1440p and better textures and effect on PS4 Pro. Try to run that game on a $400-500 PC