By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Pro performs pretty much like a $1000 PC, Hitman improved in every way on PS4 Pro

Ka-pi96 said:
Can it run EU4, FM17 or Civ6?

No? I`d much rather the $1000 PC then...

PC exclusives are worthless and we all know that. Everyone who buys a PC is stupid. Because buying something you want that's expensive is bad and buying something you want that's cheap is good. PC people lose at buying things. It's over. Console people won because they are the clevererest.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

This is spin.

If anything it shows the PS4 Pro GPU is probably at par with a GTX 1060.

The PS4 Pro can't compete with a game that really utilizes the CPU and RAM.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

deskpro2k3 said:
vivster said:

As you can do with your previous GPU.

Price battles are silly and only show the insecurities of some people. I mean if PS4 Pro can't be the best in both price and performance it must be trash right? Completely ignoring that PCs are a completely different entities with their own advantages. But it can't be, right? If Consoles are better at price/performance they must be the best at everything and are instantly better than everything else. Right? Price/performance is the only thing that matters and everyone who buys an expensive PC is stupid. Right? Console people are cleverest people. Right? That's why these threads exist. Right? To prove who is betterer at buying stuff. Right?

calm your tits alright? If I wanted to get technical with all that moco jumbo I will.

It wasn't really directed at you, more at the existence of this thread. Just needed someone else to quote instead of the obvious choice.

My tits are the calmest. Calm at stable 144fps. And they cost me way less than 400€.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

PC exclusives are worthless and we all know that. Everyone who buys a PC is stupid. Because buying something you want that's expensive is bad and buying something you want that's sheap is good. PC people lose at buying things. It's over. Console people won because they are the clevererest.

Intentional pun, or happy accident?

Nope, just very early without a lot of sleep thanks to playing PC exclusives for too long.

I don't think people who buy consoles are sheep. There are many good reasons to buy a console, just price isn't one for me. In fact, the price of the console is actually what makes me hate buying consoles.

Captain_Yuri said:
Ruler said:

-no 1TB HD

-no latest Dualshock 4 

-no Blue Ray Drive 

those will increase the price by at least 200$ and many PS4 Pros are now sold below 400$

You do know 1TB hard drive costs $6 more right?

Why does it need DS4?

Why does a PC need a Bluray Drive to play games? Edit: Look at teh post below

And yea ps4 pro is sold below $400, doesn't mean it will perform like an i5 + 1060 which doesn't even cost $1000

it should have a DS4 because its not cheap to get espacially the new one we speak about 70€ here. And my point is not to compare the PS4 Pro to PC gaming but how much hardware you get for the PS4 Pro price

Captain_Yuri said:

Here, I am a nice guy. I will throw in a Bluray Drive + 1TB Hard Drive while adjusting a few things to keep the $ amount around $1000

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vqsgQV

It even comes with the added benefit of being able to not only allowing you to write Bluray Disks, but also supports UHD (BDXL) Blurays!

Calm down, its a joke.

But it can do that tho.

yeah but you try to get it as cheap as possible from various offers and deny the same method for PS4 Pro, there were plenty of opertunities to get a PS4 Pro for $350-390 or a game included etc. I think its not a fair comparison imo.

Around the Network
GarlandSteve74 said:
Here is a PC for $479 (get the $22 Windows 10 deal) that will outperform a PS4 Pro.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gd9pm8

It's got:

A processor that shits all over the Pro's processor

A better GPU

A Blu Ray drive

A keyboard and mouse

1TB HDD

8GB of Ram

Everything the Pro offers and more for $479.

Please stop with these delusional comparisons.

no it wont, at 1440p this rig will perform not at PS4 Pro standard, AMD hardware is badly optimized for the majority of PC games

vivster said:
deskpro2k3 said:

well in fairness, you can trade in your OG PS4, for a PS4Pro at a discounted price. Can shave off over a 100 dollars.

As you can do with your previous GPU.

Price battles are silly and only show the insecurities of some people. I mean if PS4 Pro can't be the best in both price and performance it must be trash right? Completely ignoring that PCs are a completely different entities with their own advantages. But it can't be, right? If Consoles are better at price/performance they must be the best at everything and are instantly better than everything else. Right? Price/performance is the only thing that matters and everyone who buys an expensive PC is stupid. Right? Console people are cleverest people. Right? That's why these threads exist. Right? To prove who is betterer at buying stuff. Right?

My thread is not about PC vs Console but showcasing  what the PS4 Pro offers hardwarewise for the price

Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:

You do know 1TB hard drive costs $6 more right?

Why does it need DS4?

Why does a PC need a Bluray Drive to play games? Edit: Look at teh post below

And yea ps4 pro is sold below $400, doesn't mean it will perform like an i5 + 1060 which doesn't even cost $1000

it should have a DS4 because its not cheap to get espacially the new one we speak about 70€ here. And my point is not to compare the PS4 Pro to PC gaming but how much hardware you get for the PS4 Pro price

Captain_Yuri said:

Here, I am a nice guy. I will throw in a Bluray Drive + 1TB Hard Drive while adjusting a few things to keep the $ amount around $1000

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vqsgQV

It even comes with the added benefit of being able to not only allowing you to write Bluray Disks, but also supports UHD (BDXL) Blurays!

Calm down, its a joke.

But it can do that tho.

yeah but you try to get it as cheap as possible from various offers and deny the same method for PS4 Pro, there were plenty of opertunities to get a PS4 Pro for $350-390 or a game included etc. I think its not a fair comparison imo.

I am sorry but how did I deny that? Cause I can't find me saying that anywhere...

And why does it need a DS4 to play games on PC?

Edit: Oh and if your point is to show how much hardware you get on a ps4 pro, then you did it horribly because you could have easily compared it to a $500 PC and it would have compared much better with most if not all agreeing that it is a pretty worthy competitor.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

GarlandSteve74 said:
This thread is a joke.

I can play Overwatch at 4K/60/Ultra on my 1070 with a 3 year old 4670K.

I could build my whole PC with OS for $800 right now and it absolutely destroys PS4 Pro.

I could also build a PS4 Pro equivalent PC for $500.

The Pro is a great value at $400 but it's on par with a $500 PC.

Also, who the hell is going to pair a $400 i7-5820K with a 1060?

If you Bought a 6600K with a 1070 for the same price you can get almost 50% more performance.

Can't you just enjoy the new console without trying to equate it to a PC that costs twice as much?

no you cant

1 game does not factor in much. If a Dev is lazy on the PC side of things than even a WiiU can look better. Its all down to optimization. If the dev wants to utilise the $900 PC hardware to its fullest than this thread wont even exist.