By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch specs Rumor

jason1637 said:
shikamaru317 said:

If previous leaks are accurate, the premium model at $300 has 4G LTE, more internal storage, and a bundled game, whereas the cheaper model at $250 has Wifi only, less internal storage, and no bundled game. 

Will it be unlimited or will we have to pay a monthly price? 

It would surely be like the 3g model of the Vita, where you need to get a sim card and sort out your own data plan with your local provider, Nintendo are not going into the mobile data business

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
jason1637 said:

Will it be unlimited or will we have to pay a monthly price? 

It would surely be like the 3g model of the Vita, where you need to get a sim card and sort out your own data plan with your local provider, Nintendo are not going into the mobile data business

Nintendo should. They could set up their own plans and all so consumers don't have to go to third party providers. Wouldn't make sense for them to include it without taking advantage of it themselves. 

Intrinsic said:

Yup, spot on. This is why I say the switch is inherently a 720p console. But it would be a really good 720p console though. It has just about got too much power for 720p, so if devs keep their games to that target they should get some decent results. it's less then 4GB ofavailabe Mem for devs and shared 50GB/s bandwidth would be more than enough for 720p and toned down versions of PS4/XB1 games. 

With this level of power, I hope they primarily target 720p, or 900p at the highest, you'd get a better overall result.

Even Xbox One doesn't get the best results at 1080p.

Random_Matt said:
Apparantly 256 CUDA cores at 921 Mhz yields about 471 GFLOPS 32bit FP.

Remember thats the "docked" performance.

When its used as a handheld its probably half the docked rate or so.

Is it good?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Nintendo should. They could set up their own plans and all so consumers don't have to go to third party providers. Wouldn't make sense for them to include it without taking advantage of it themselves. 

And then, they should also start their own internet plans worldwide for people using online game at home. And then, why not start their own banks so people can borrow money and buy more Nintendo products. And then, they should provide electricity plans worldwide so people playing Nintendo products also use Nintendo electricity...

Let's get rid of all the third party providers!

Faelco said:
jason1637 said:

And then, they should also start their own internet plans worldwide for people using online game at home. And then, why not start their own banks so people can borrow money and buy more Nintendo products. And then, they should provide electricity plans worldwide so people playing Nintendo products also use Nintendo electricity..

I'm just saying that if the rumors are true it would be strange for Nintendo to add that feature when they won't be making money from it. 

jason1637 said:
Faelco said:

And then, they should also start their own internet plans worldwide for people using online game at home. And then, why not start their own banks so people can borrow money and buy more Nintendo products. And then, they should provide electricity plans worldwide so people playing Nintendo products also use Nintendo electricity..

I'm just saying that if the rumors are true it would be strange for Nintendo to add that feature when they won't be making money from it. 

They just CAN'T make money from it. It's impossible and nobody can do it, plain and simple. You can't offer 4G plans woldwide, and even less when you're not a telecom company. The best thing they can do is negotiate with specific companies in each country to launch some special 4G plans, but that's it.

The Vita did that before the Switch, so it's not that surprising. (The 3G Vita failed and was quickly discontinued though...)

WagnerPaiva said:
Is it good?

Yes it's good

teigaga said:
The battery life is going to be low when gaming. The thing is 1/2 the power of the Xbox One, there is no miracle tech coming to provide it with 10hours battery life.

Yes there is. A larger battery.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius