By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch specs Rumor

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5ea9uo/rumor_someone_who_producing_switch_at_foxconn_is/

The Tegra SoC is a custom X2 with Pascal

TSMC is being used 16 nm FinFet, clocked at 1.7 Ghz

2 models, one regular, the other w/4G LTE?

ARM CPU using A73, the latest version

GPU clocked at 921 Mhz

Using special heat pipes, making the tablet run cooler in your hands

Using a quiet fan, noise not noticable after testing an aquarium with rendering 1,000 fish for an entire day

Using 4310 mah Battery, at least estimate 3.7 to 5 hours of battery power.

4 GB of RAM

Tablet should be at least 300 grams (~0.7 lbs)

Joy Con's include built-in batteries inside at least 525mah

Around the Network

3-5 hours of battery? Mmm. I think I'm fine with that, but I don't know if this is enough for some people. Also, what's the difference between the two models?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

"Using 4310 mah Battery, at least estimate 3.7 to 5 hours of battery power."

Not stellar, but not as bad as I had feared.

Not a fan of that battery tbh. Hopefully it will be better

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

shikamaru317 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
3-5 hours of battery? Mmm. I think I'm fine with that, but I don't know if this is enough for some people. Also, what's the difference between the two models?

If previous leaks are accurate, the premium model at $300 has 4G LTE, more internal storage, and a bundled game, whereas the cheaper model at $250 has Wifi only, less internal storage, and no bundled game. 

Fair enough, I guess. Hoping for solid news. January can't come soon enough.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

No idea how powerful it is, certainly not taking this seriously.

So do the Joy-Con controllers receive a charge by being attached to the system? I'd hope so because otherwise that will be a major pain in the ass to have to charge like 4 devices

Also, overall not too bad. Not a powerhouse but not a pushover either. Battery life is meh but not many electronics can boast decent battery life these days.

3.5 hour battery life is abit on the low side..... but I mostly just want it as a home console to play nintendo games.

What kinda ram? guessing LPDDR3/4 ram. And i wonder how much of it is reserved for the OS. 512MB?

And if this leak is accurate, this puts it at a little over half the power of the XB1. Need more information!!!!

I can see how they can get 3.5-5hrs from that battery. One of the benefits of being a 720p screen. I really hope there is a high power mode for when docked though, cause as it stands this machine isn't gonna be able to run a fair number of the current gen games.

And how much internal storage? I'm guessing the internal storage will be used exclusively for game saves since using carts would mean it doesnt have to install games on internal storage.

That baterry life, if true, ranges from being decent to good for all the power it punches(in handheld mode).Now as for the other data, cant quite understand it, so if someone could put it in perspective, I would appreciate it!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1