By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon Sun/Moon truly delivered

naruball said:
StarOcean said:
This game is amazing. Im like 9hrs in and its sooo good. They finally made a decent narrative in Pokemon. The game really feels like the anime -which works better in game form than tv form, btw. The games difficulty is also noticeably better than before due to Pokemon Trainer AI being a lot better (healing and switching out their Pokemon for example). My biggest complaint is that most trainers only have 1 Pokemon on their team and it bugs the shit out of me e~e the fact that wild battles can have more Pokemon in them than the typical trainer battle kills me

Finally! May have to check it out after all.

Is that the only reason you're interested? I'm genuinely curious.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
naruball said:

Finally! May have to check it out after all.

I like Pokemon anyway. I just refuse to play a long game with no proper story. An rpg with no story is unbearable for me. If it was just battles, it'd be fine.

When you have a story and the story sucks, I just can't find the motivation to play it. I bought Pokemon Y and only played it for like 4 hours. I stopped because of uni and then whenever I'd think about going back, I'd see no reason to. Like, "wait, who was part of my team"? "What was the story"? "I remember a castle and some fireworks, but what was the point"? Whereas I can still tell you all about Eternal Sonata or Nino Kuni.

naruball said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I like Pokemon anyway. I just refuse to play a long game with no proper story. An rpg with no story is unbearable for me. If it was just battles, it'd be fine.

When you have a story and the story sucks, I just can't find the motivation to play it. I bought Pokemon Y and only played it for like 4 hours. I stopped because of uni and then whenever I'd think about going back, I'd see no reason to. Like, "wait, who was part of my team"? "What was the story"? "I remember a castle and some fireworks, but what was the point"? Whereas I can still tell you all about Eternal Sonata or Nino Kuni.

Story-wise, it's not going to be as deep as those games you mentioned. However, the characters (so far) are much MUCH more fleshed out than any previous Pokemon game. There's a narrative that's continually going forward. A good comparison would be Persona 4. The game doesn't have the deepest in the world but the sense of community in it keeps it feeling fresh and want you to go forward. Again, S/M will not be as deep as Persona 4, but will have that kind of tone to it, with the focus being on community

naruball said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Ha yep I couldn't tell you anything about X/Y's story either, and I played the game for over 500 hours! From what I've seen many are saying the story in Sun/Moon is kinda good for once, but I don't know whether to believe that. People also said Fire Emblem Fates had a good story which I don't really agree with. Kinda a rough position for ya, as you either have to take people's word for it or spoil the story for yourself to be sure you'll like it. If there aren't any other games you interested in right now I'd say take a chance, but I'm biased of course!

Honestly? I'm just not feeling it. It doesn't grab me.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

I think Gold had the best Story...

You fight yourself in the end lol

Einsam_Delphin said:
naruball said:

Ha yep I couldn't tell you anything about X/Y's story either, and I played the game for over 500 hours! From what I've seen many are saying the story in Sun/Moon is kinda good for once, but I don't know whether to believe that. People also said Fire Emblem Fates had a good story which I don't really agree with. Kinda a rough position for ya, as you either have to take people's word for it or spoil the story for yourself to be sure you'll like it. If there aren't any other games you interested in right now I'd say take a chance, but I'm biased of course!

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. I think I'll just play the ones I have and have been dying to play and get Sun/Moon next year or something. I don't mind spoilers that much. I'd like to see what StarOcean described. A sense of community.

I wouldn't say I absolutely love it, but I do like it a lot more than X and Y so far. Definitely more appealing pokemon in general, but still some pretty weird ones.

BasilZero said:
BraLoD said:
They fucked Litten, they fucked the game.

What happened?

Dat mah future starter ;(?

I saw the stats of all final evolution starters,and all of them have truly terrible stats.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
You sure? I read it was designed for 8-year-olds.

Hah, that reference made me chuckle xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread