By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon Sun/Moon truly delivered

~7-8hrs into it and these are my first impressions:

pros:
- Love the new format in visuals. Finally feels like 3d. Big leap for this game.
- Love the world design in general.
- Love the island challenge as opposed to gym battles - cause you still feel like you are battling gym leaders/strong enemies while doing some other aditional trials.
- Love the addition of Poke Rides as substitute to HMs. That really takes out one of the annoying aspects of the game.
- Love SOS battles as opposed to the terrible Sky Battles.
- Love trumps hate.

Cons:
- The story is terrible. And this is an even more story-driven than any previous game, so im really not loving that aspect. Team Skull is easily the worst "evil team" in the history of the franchise IMO and the second place is not even close.
- Characters. Dont like most them. Hau is supposed to be your rival? Its the worst rival in the entire franchise. I dont care about that guy. I like to have a rival that teases me and makes me wanna kick his ass.
- The National Pokedex is short and lacking of many competitive pokemons plus almost all of the new Pokemon have terrible base speed for unexplainable reasons.
- No Stan Lee cameo so far.

So I do feel its delivering for me, but the story aspects of it really annoy me (maybe im too old?) I hope it gets better as I progress.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Just got my game in the mail.

About to play it in a few minutes :)! - So excited!!!!

Whats with the bling in that Photo?XD

Meanwhile I'm still Wartung for the damn Game Go release over here....

Whats changed? I haven't been following the game

KLXVER said:
If the rumored Pokémon Stars come to the Switch, Ill be sure to check it out.

This.

Even on launch the 3DS resolution was a bit distracting with how low it was. So a nice "HD" release will work wonders for me. Maybe the Vita spoiled me, but since that came out I found the 3DS resolution distractingly low.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I've been saying that Pokemon is stale for a while but these games sound like what I've been looking for. That being said I'm waiting to see if the stars rumors are true.

Around the Network

I'm gonna have to order it... For the first time ever I actually care about the version I want as I'd prefer in game time to reflect my own, but Sun is sold out everywhere heh

This might wind up being the biggest disparity in sales between the two. Ima check a nearby GameStop early tomorrow and see if they have one.

We'll see tomorrow if I agree or not.

For some reason it didn't sway me to get it day 1 (unlike XY or ORAS) but I definitely will pick this game up sometime..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I'm about 5 hours in, but I definitely agree so far. The formula feels familiar without being a clone of the previous games, the difficulty is satisfying, and the character models look fantastic. Time will tell if this changes, but last time I enjoyed a Pokemon game this much was Heartgold...so hopefully the quality stays consistent.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

StarOcean said:
This game is amazing. Im like 9hrs in and its sooo good. They finally made a decent narrative in Pokemon. The game really feels like the anime -which works better in game form than tv form, btw. The games difficulty is also noticeably better than before due to Pokemon Trainer AI being a lot better (healing and switching out their Pokemon for example). My biggest complaint is that most trainers only have 1 Pokemon on their team and it bugs the shit out of me e~e the fact that wild battles can have more Pokemon in them than the typical trainer battle kills me

Finally! May have to check it out after all.