By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Here are the nominees for The Game Awards 2016 !

Xenoblade X is one of my fave games ever but it's not a 2016 game. It was released in 2015.

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
Xenoblade X is one of my fave games ever but it's not a 2016 game. It was released in 2015.

It counts as the 2016 season for the Game Awards, it missed the date to be nominated on 2015

Go Xenoblade X!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mostly good choices. Nice to see indie games no longer relegated to the indie award category. Xenoblade Chronicles X getting a nomination is great to see, thought it wouls be stuck in limbo due to release date. Still annoyed to see mobile games and handheld games lumped together when the markets and design philosophies are entirely different. And really annoyed to see another pointless social commentary award category, but at least there's only one. Also interested to see how Pokken does. It's tough to say. King of Fighters XIV has a good shot. Street Fighter might take it on mechanics though, especially since this reward will look at release+all post release content.

Best Narrative
Firewatch

Best Indipendent Game
Firewatch

Lol, what a joke. The game had a crappy narrative and wasn't good.

Around the Network

All this does is remind me of how few Nintendo games they released this year. They aren't even nominated for developer of the year. Its like they took the whole year off.

Did you seriously put pokemon go over pokemon sun and moon?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

list is meh

Tokio Mirage Sessions#FE should have been nominated to something, easily the game I have enjoyed the most this year, but is an extremely niche one so I guess is fated to be underrated. At least it will cost a fortune on the future.

Damn Uncharted 4 and company nominated in 6 categories. Bound to be a good night for Naught Dog.