By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Here are the nominees for The Game Awards 2016 !

Uncharted is gonna sweep.

Xenoblade CX and Killer Instinct SL are going to win an award!!! ;D

Around the Network
twintail said:

Cloudman said:             

You're still not satisfied with my answer?? I dunno what more to tell you. You asked why I considered it to be a nominee and I gave you multiple answers. What  else do you want me to say? I find it interesting you focus on the part I mention its uniqueness, and not the creative aspect of of it. The unique comment is more so to compliment the creativity of Color Splash.

Yet you didnt answer what makes it a better nominee over what is already nominated. That is what I am asking. You claimed it to be a shock that CS doesnt even make the best direction nomination list, but for it to do so surely one of current nominees has to be dropped from the list.

You have said what gives the game art direction, but not what makes it more viable than any other game on the list, which is what I am asking.

Well, I have said in a way why it stands out over the others, but I'm not going to say why it's better than the others, as it feels like I'd discredit the other games, and well, I don't really want to do that, as all the other games offer something as well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Nuvendil said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Personally I think multi-player only games with no story shouldn't even be nominated for GOTY.

Especially with fee-to-pay elements.  There's so many more deserving candidates.

Even though Blizzard makes comics, story trailers, and animated shorts that give context to everything that is going on...

And it's just cosmetics, if the fee-to-pay was for things that made your character stronger in game, then yea, I would never even consider Overwatch GOTY.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
Nuvendil said:

Especially with fee-to-pay elements.  There's so many more deserving candidates.

Even though Blizzard makes comics, story trailers, and animated shorts that give context to everything that is going on...

And it's just cosmetics, if the fee-to-pay was for things that made your character stronger in game, then yea, I would never even consider Overwatch GOTY.

Don't.  Just don't.  That's the ONLY form of progression in the freaking game and not only does it have microtransactions attached, but the system for them at base is sucky too.  Don't defend Blizzard.  They don't deserve it.  And they don't need it either, they sleep on a bed made of money on a frame of solid gold. 

The fact is you pay 60 or more dollars for the game, a premium entry fee, the game should not taint that with a freemium model. 
And as for the comics, that makes it even worse in my book.  Like taunting us with what could have been if Blizzard had put in the freaking effort.