By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Here are the nominees for The Game Awards 2016 !

Hyper Light Drifter was nominated. I didn't see that coming. That game seemed to be flying a bit under the radar, and it seemed to me like no one really loved it as much as I did.

Around the Network

My personal picks:

Game of The Year:   Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Best Studio/Game Direction: Naughty Dog

Best Narrative: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Best Art Direction:  Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Best Music/Sound Design: Battlefild 1

Best Performance: Emily Rose (Elena, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End)

Games for Impact Award: That Dragon, Cancer

Best Indipendent Game: Inside

Best Mobile/Handheld Game: Fire Emblem Fates

Best VR Game: Eve Valkyrie

Best Action Game: Titanfall 2

Best Action/Adventure Game: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Best Role Playing Game: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood & Wine

Best Fighting Game: Killer Instinct Season 3
(toss-up between these two)
Street Fighter V

Best Family Game: Ratchet & Clank

Best Strategy Game: Cvilization VI

Best Sports/Racing Game: Forza Horizion 3

Best Multiplayer Game: Titanfall 2

Mar1217 said:

Best narrative : Uncharted 4

Hahaha, I feel somewhat insult to see a game like that being nominated in this category when you look at a game like Zero Time Dilemma who would definitely deserves a place in it.

I definitely hope for the best to Xeno X and Pokken in their respective category. But where's TMS #FE ? Should have been nominated instead of TW3 DLC.

I don't know, for me, ZTD had the weakest narrative/story in the series. 999 definitely had the worst dialogue, but it ended up having the best overall story. ZTD was just all over the place, and I really hated the fragments, which really broke up the story.

Uncharted 4 wasn't amazing or anything narrative-wise, but the characters are all wonderful and the pirate story was fun.

hershel_layton said:
Did you seriously put pokemon go over pokemon sun and moon?

I don't think Pokemon made it in time for nominations :/

Which is why they NEED to move this to right before or right after New Years.

Trunkin said:
Hyper Light Drifter was nominated. I didn't see that coming. That game seemed to be flying a bit under the radar, and it seemed to me like no one really loved it as much as I did.

I don't love it but I liked it, is pretty good. Glad it had 2 nominations but the lack of Owlboy makes me sad.

Around the Network

I don't care what the other nominees are, but anything that lists Pokémon GO as a nominee for the best mobile game award simply can't be taken seriously. It is (was) a nice phenomenon, but it was and still is a terrible game. No one would care about it if it wasn't a Pokémon game.

Zkuq said:
I don't care what the other nominees are, but anything that lists Pokémon GO as a nominee for the best mobile game award simply can't be taken seriously. It is (was) a nice phenomenon, but it was and still is a terrible game. No one would care about it if it wasn't a Pokémon game.

True.

Looking at this list reminds me of why I bought so few games in 2016.

Goodnightmoon said:

Tokio Mirage Sessions#FE should have been nominated to something, easily the game I have enjoyed the most this year, but is an extremely niche one so I guess is fated to be underrated. At least it will cost a fortune on the future.

Agreed

Nuvendil said:
hershel_layton said:
Did you seriously put pokemon go over pokemon sun and moon?

I don't think Pokemon made it in time for nominations :/

Which is why they NEED to move this to right before or right after New Years.

I mean, not like this is big enough to make them move it

Just surprised pokemon go is on here...sure, it changed a lot on how we view mobile games, but does it seriously deserve nominations?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.