By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Here are the nominees for The Game Awards 2016 !

Honestly, I would have put Pokemon Go in serious GOTY contention. Not just to stir the pot, but because it really deserves it.

Even if it's neither the most polished or deepest experience, it's forever changed not only how we play games - but how games interact with the world around us.

These other GOTY games are all great -- but decades from now people will find Pokemon Go a far more lasting, memorable experience.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fleischr said:
Honestly, I would have put Pokemon Go in serious GOTY contention. Not just to stir the pot, but because it really deserves it.

Even if it's neither the most polished or deepest experience, it's forever changed not only how we play games - but how games interact with the world around us.

These other GOTY games are all great -- but decades from now people will find Pokemon Go a far more lasting, memorable experience.

what

Roronaa_chan said:
fleischr said:

what

It should be there instead of freakin' Titalfall 2.

Uncharted 4 should win Goty but let's be honest here, Overwatch will win so we son't have to hear all the SJW LGBT babies cry over their SJW GOD BLIZZARD, the most overrated devs in gaming history

Dr.Vita said:
Looks like Uncharted 4 will bring a lot prizes back to home!!!

Where the heck is Dark Souls 3 at the GOTY award? :S

I know, I get that we got a lot of good shooters this year but to be honest there are far too many in the race for GOTY, I would love from them to scrap either Doom or Overwatch for something more peculiar...

hershel_layton said:
Did you seriously put pokemon go over pokemon sun and moon?

I'm not the Jury :V

fleischr said:

I kinda get what you are saying and, while It certainly doesn't deserve the GOTY due to it still beeing a stinky unpolished battery drainer for many reasons it might have reached that Iconic level it'd take to get the award...

Around the Network

Do games that come out later november-december count for the next year then?

I think its pretty safe to say U4 is gonna be GOTY.

Jpcc86 said:
Do games that come out later november-december count for the next year then?

I think its pretty safe to say U4 is gonna be GOTY.

yup, Xenoblade Chronicles X released December 4th 2015, 3 days after the Awards event and here it is, one year later, running for best RPG, kinda sad since imho if FFXV turns out to be good it would have been a deserving winner for this year while next year it'll be impossible for it to win GOTY since everyone will have forgotten about it due to big releases such as ME: Andromeda, TLoZ: BotW, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5 and RDR2

I suppose I should just keep my mouth shut and be happy that R&C is at least nominated in two categories, even though I bet they'll end up legitimately picking Pokemon Go (sigh) as the best "family game" (What does that even mean?).

Im cheering for Pokemon Go! FE fates! And Pokken Tournament!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

fleischr said:

Yep! So true! 

Pocky Lover Boy!