By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

My body is ready. Sucks to wait so long for a proper 4K console.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
Hope they offer 1080p/60fps options, not going back to sub 30 crap.

I also hope they offer 1080p / 60fps options.

Really truly definitely native 4K(with dynamic resolution, temporal reconstruction and temporal super-sampling). Anyone thinking the Scorpio won't be relying on these tricks and techniques is kidding themselves.

So....are we going to get one of these "It's going to be great! You just watch!" Press releases every three weeks for the next year? Because please don't do that to us...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Radek said:
Mafioso said:

Lmao don't tell me you actually believe this?

First party games with all the time for optimizations and carefully choosing graphical settings will be true 4K.

But multiplatform games won't magically render twice the pixels compared to PS4 Pro's usual 1530p with 50% more power in Scorpio.

Every month we get few games that still run at 900p on XB1 compared to PS4's 1080p. It's actually 570% more pixels when you compare average multiplat at 900p (1.4 mill pixels) all the way to native 4K (8.3 mill pixels). And these don't even run very high/ ultra settings on consoles most of the time.

It will be the best suited cosole for the task at hand, and have more native 4K gaming content. Am i not supposed to be looking forward to it? It will be better than upscaling from half the pixels....

Around the Network

PS4 pro has real true 4k games too, and its out now instead of a year or more of waiting.

Guitarguy said:
Really truly definitely native 4K(with dynamic resolution, temporal reconstruction and temporal super-sampling). Anyone thinking the Scorpio won't be relying on these tricks and techniques is kidding themselves.

Wait a minute. Are you telling me, that paragon of virture Arron Greenberg, and man who many consider to be tact personified, may be somewhat overstating the abilities of an Xbox product? Really? Truly? Somebody once said he is/was on this site..... tbh, I'm sure the Scorpio will be a great console.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Guitarguy said:
Lol really really true 4k... It will most likely deliver more native 4K games than the PS4 Pro, but don't pretend the Pro cannot and has not already delivered native 4K AAA games(Fifa 17, The Last of Us Remastered, Skyrim Remastered etc).

That's not much of an accomplishment. I mean, look at this thread. There are 22 games, a vast majority of which are indies and last gen ports. Oh, and sports games. The closest thing to a AAA 8th gen title is Shadow of Mordor, and it has dynamic resolution, so really isn't even a native 4k game at all. This isn't meant to troll or bait, it's just simple facts as composed by our own members here. If MS truly has all their own first party efforts in native 4k, then it will by default be a superior 4k machine than the PS4P.

Radek said:
Mafioso said:

Lmao don't tell me you actually believe this?

First party games with all the time for optimizations and carefully choosing graphical settings will be true 4K.

But multiplatform games won't magically render twice the pixels compared to PS4 Pro's usual 1530p with 50% more power in Scorpio.

Every month we get few games that still run at 900p on XB1 compared to PS4's 1080p. It's actually 570% more pixels when you compare average multiplat at 900p (1.4 mill pixels) all the way to native 4K (8.3 mill pixels). And these don't even run very high/ ultra settings on consoles most of the time.

Um.. isn't the bold like... exactly what MS has said all along?

42% (or more?) computational power

50% more memory

46% more memory bandwidth.

Speculating a newer, more capable CPU...

So if Pro does around 1440-1600-1800p in most titles and even some 4K titles...i like Scorpio's prospect in more consistently filling a 2160p display being better designed and having less bottlenecks.

Developers will optimize having more raw capability than their Pro builds.

Radek said:
Mafioso said:

It will be the best suited cosole for the task at hand, and have more native 4K gaming content. Am i not supposed to be looking forward to it? It will be better than upscaling from half the pixels....

Of course it will be better, but I wouldn't call it a proper 4K console either, as most multiplats will not be.

DOOM developer today said that 4K is absolute waste of power when so much else could be done with 6 Tflops.

I would seriously wait before predicting that stuff. Native 4K should easily be doable on console settings in most games regardless what games run at 900p or even 720p on the Xbox One. It'll perform most closely to a factory OC'd R9 390X, through with better efficiency because of the new Vega architecture, obviously. The settings themselves remains to be seen as it depends on the CPU they would use.

Also, how is the last part in anyway relevant in this discussion?