By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I see no sense in Nintendo Switch, it`s a terrible idea

spemanig said:
Shiken said:
Everyone complains about how lackluster the X1/PS4 line up is, but everyone says if Nintendo does not follow the exact same formula they will fail?

I have a PSBox1 already. They are literally the same thing save for A FEW games. I want something different and Nintendo is doing that. With that in mind, Switch is a FANTASTIC idea in my book.

No, they are saying that if Nintendo doesn't get multiplats, it will fail.

No, they say that whatever Nintendo does - it just doesn't matter at all what it is - Nintendo will fail.

Around the Network

Well... many people called the 3ds a "terrible idea" at launch but that opinion quickly changed as Nintendo delivered several high quality games and third parties followed - Atlus, Capcom, Level-5 etc.

If the Nintendo Switch gets a good flow of great software releases, like the 3ds got, it will be a great console.

The core concept is good I mean, the idea behind the Switch. Powerful gaming on the go could be the way of the future.

Oddly enough, I think the main problem doesn't come from their designing of console, it's mainly a problem of marketing and steadiness of releases. They could have try and fix those two problems with Wii U, but the issue was even deeper than that. It all came down from their own business structure, and changing a business structure can take years, even decades.

So the unification of libraries, accounts, efforts into one single console is yes, a risk, but it's also a big big sign of change. And change could be really good in that case. So I think everything revolving around the Switch is a superb idea, they finally fixed their message, they found the right balance with marketing just looking at the few ads they got out, and maybe they could even fix the lineup. Let's wait another month and see about that.

guiduc said:

The core concept is good I mean, the idea behind the Switch. Powerful gaming on the go could be the way of the future.

Oddly enough, I think the main problem doesn't come from their designing of console, it's mainly a problem of marketing and steadiness of releases. They could have try and fix those two problems with Wii U, but the issue was even deeper than that. It all came down from their own business structure, and changing a business structure can take years, even decades.

So the unification of libraries, accounts, efforts into one single console is yes, a risk, but it's also a big big sign of change. And change could be really good in that case. So I think everything revolving around the Switch is a superb idea, they finally fixed their message, they found the right balance with marketing just looking at the few ads they got out, and maybe they could even fix the lineup. Let's wait another month and see about that.

I think their marketing and their lineup will be the biggest obstacles for them to overcome. I'll say it over and over again, what the Switch needs more than anything else are exclusive marketing deals with popular multi-platform games and western-style exclusives. Doing that will pretty much guarantee massive success for them, as the concept has a ton of mass-market appeal.

The WiiU was also a bad idea and sold 13 million units.
This is a slightly better idea, I see it as a 25 million units sold console at the least, if it fails.
If it is the next big thing like the Wii was, I see it doing blockbusters, like 80 million and Sony/MS doin a half assed version of it´s concept.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:

If it is the next big thing like the Wii was, I see it doing blockbusters

Isnt that a pretty redundant statement?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

It is a home console, what you're saying in the original post makes no sense. They are making a console with a portable attachment. Why is that bad by any means?

Why is it not a home console? I would call it a hybrid console since it is also a portable, but I don't understand people reacting so hard on Nintendo calling it a home console.

In what way is the Switch a bad idea? Nintendo is trying to capture part of the market that the other two are not even going for, plus trying to bring core gamers back. The concept is amazing, allows for all gameplay types and from what I have seen from devs and such is going to be extremely easy to port to. We have not seen any official details on the system, only pictures and videos of games running on it, along with some assumptions and hearsay from insiders and a few who have actually seen/touched it.

It is a handheld, it is a home system, it is a multi-screen instantly connected system, how is this bad??? Assuming the online capabilities are good, this system is going to sell like crazy and attract many of the big developers in gaming. PC games are scaled, what makes everyone think that with all of the consoles' architectures being virtually the same that it can not be done with them? Games should be about the games, not about power and graphics, I play games to have FUN, not to look at how beautiful and realistic everything is. It needs some power to succeed, but I am sure that Nintendo has worked with devs and found a sweetspot where they could succeed this time around, they seem to have learned from the Wii U failure.

So in closing, the concept looks impressive, the different playstyles and portability looks impressive, and the system itself looks sleek, all of it looks great in my opinion. Plus it's the ONLY console that has Nintendo games, which are the best on the market.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

You're overthinking it.