By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I see no sense in Nintendo Switch, it`s a terrible idea

Every system is going to be like the Switch in the future just watch.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

If it is the next big thing like the Wii was, I see it doing blockbusters

Isnt that a pretty redundant statement?

I am a big fan of redundancy =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Paperboy_J said:

Yep, it looks to be either a big / small mobile device like NS or a streaming service in the future. Trends are rather clear at this point.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

If it is a shared library system then it is what I've wanted from Nintendo for a decade now. The Wii U combined with the 3DS would be a formidable console. I also do like idea of television and portable. I am one of those people who has logged hundreds of hours of remote play from my PS4 to my PSV.

Right now I'd say the Switch is the most excited I've been about Nintendo since the GBA/GC era. If the games are there so will I.

tinfamous12 said:

It is a home console, what you're saying in the original post makes no sense. They are making a console with a portable attachment. Why is that bad by any means?

Imo its the otherway around... their makeing a handheld that hooks upto a tv.

All the hardware is inside the handheld part.... that makes its a handheld that hooks up to a tv, and no the otherway around.

The Wii U was a console with a portable attachment.

The Switch is a handheld, with a homeconsole like attachment (dock).

And its not in anyways bad.

Its the best situation Nintendo could go with, unless it wanted to go back to a traditional homeconsole build, and make a PS4 like copy system.

Around the Network
Paperboy_J said:

Its not the most cost effecient way to get performance pr $ in a console.

It limits what you can do with the system.

Unless consoles reach a point where consumers go "we dont want better graphics than this", I doubt what your saying is true.

Maybe every nintendo system in the future follows the switch design, handheld + dock? I could see that.
Their basically leaveing the homeconsole market at the topend, to playstation & xbox to fight out.

Paperboy_J said:

Tbh I agree with this I can see this happening.

JRPGfan said:

Its not the most cost effecient way to get performance pr $ in a console.

It limits what you can do with the system.

Unless consoles reach a point where consumers go "we dont want better graphics than this", I doubt what your saying is true.

Maybe every nintendo system in the future follows the switch design, handheld + dock? I could see that.
Their basically leaveing the homeconsole market at the topend, to playstation & xbox to fight out.

It's not farfetched tbh, the gaming market is split into 3 branches with home, portable and mobile, each gen the numbers in each branch are becoming compact, Switch's design unifies all of that. Eventually platform holders will either be forced to release such a device to have a userbase sizable enough to support growing costs or become a niche focused on one branch, it's not really graphics that are selling the platforms.

It's not just consoles I can see adopting this design either.

spemanig said:
Shiken said:
Everyone complains about how lackluster the X1/PS4 line up is, but everyone says if Nintendo does not follow the exact same formula they will fail?

I have a PSBox1 already. They are literally the same thing save for A FEW games. I want something different and Nintendo is doing that. With that in mind, Switch is a FANTASTIC idea in my book.

No, they are saying that if Nintendo doesn't get multiplats, it will fail.

So the exact same shit found on my X1/PS4...gotcha.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Nobody Poops But You.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."