By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Will Trump seriously ban all Muslims, cause apparently he can?

Well....

He will 74 19.07%

He won't seriously do that 205 52.84%

Who the hell knows at thi... 109 28.09%

Total:388

The muslims are going to be fine.............. for now.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
CosmicSex said:
We pray that things like this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/11/01/saudi-student-assaulted-wisconsin-dies-his-injuries/93101338/

are not inspired by the victory of Donald Trump. The country doesn't need this. For our dignity and our safety. Those forces who wish to do us harm abroad will use this to recruit people to attack us. We do not condone the harassment of people based on what race or region they come from. Its not what this country stands for.

This literally happened on November 1st. It says that at the top of the article.

How can you blame a Trump victory for something that happened a week before he won?

True.  Even if it was done by Trump supporters (of which I have no proof mind you) there is no way that I can use it in the context I did. My appologies. 

No. He's not going to hold almost any of his promises, I think.

Zkuq said:

Is that what you believe or is that what you hope?

StarDoor said:
Zkuq said:

Is that what you believe or is that what you hope?

It's what I believe. However, keep in mind that I believe there's a lot of uncertainty about what's going to happen. That's just the outcome I think is the most likely, because Trump sure has a lot of very bold promises. On the other hand, I almost hope he does end up fulfilling most of his promises, just so that we can actually get some data about their effects.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:

It's what I believe. However, keep in mind that I believe there's a lot of uncertainty about what's going to happen. That's just the outcome I think is the most likely, because Trump sure has a lot of very bold promises. On the other hand, I almost hope he does end up fulfilling most of his promises, just so that we can actually get some data about their effects.

Alright. I understand your skepticism, though Trump has certainly defied conventional wisdom before. I think this is a pertinent image:

CosmicSex said:
outlawauron said:

This literally happened on November 1st. It says that at the top of the article.

How can you blame a Trump victory for something that happened a week before he won?

True.  Even if it was done by Trump supporters (of which I have no proof mind you) there is no way that I can use it in the context I did. My appologies. 

No worries, but throwing an hypothetical to assign blame is pretty slippery slope. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Nope, though I think if he ever accepts refugees, those are going to come on very low numbers and likely only families after some screening. Also, I would expect immigration to be reduced to Canada levels or lower, and consist mostly of skilled Asians. At least they will definitely try.

Off topic, I'm glad the level of discussion here is much higher than on Neogaf already... even if that doesn't tell a lot on itself. Such a bunch of 15-year old snowflakes haha.

If this was before the election and I didn't think republicans would win every branch of government, I would have said no. But he does have a super majority and can do whatever the fuck he wants now. I'm actually worried about whether he can rewrite the constitution now that he has this much power. That stuff he said about fixing things so he can sue his critics actually sounds realistic now.

Now there are two questions:

1) Does Trump seriously think that's a good policy.

My take: It's not obviously wrong. There is no direct evidence to say banning muslims would be a bad idea.

2) Will enough republicans step up to stop him

My take: Not on this issue. This is the racist party. They won't say they will do this for racist reasons, but that's ultimately what their intent is. Worst case scenario for Trump and all of us is that they agree to do this if Trump signs off on some ultra conservative policy we don't want. Like maybe keeping the TPP.

Zamapu said:
I would really hope so but I have doubts he'll actually do it, be great if he could though.

Wow thanks for looking at the bigger picture and not stereotyping slow clap for you. Just wow don't know what to say. So good day to you knowing the fact that you don't like more than 1 billion people based only on their religion.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also