By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, Xbox One has outsold Ps4 in 3 Countries in October!

Soo now that xbox is winning ( 4 months out of a whole genn) Microsoft finnaly going to let us know how much the x1 sold ww ldt?

Or is that  still to embarrassing.

Lol @ guy who thinks  x1 will sell 100mill 

Wake  up kid.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
vivster said:
Cartmanbrah said:
Don't know why some here say ps4 is selling better WW.
Excuse me if I am wrong but wouldn't WW = the whole world?
That would mean ps4 would have to be selling better everywhere. Clearly not the case.

Yeah, weird right? I also heard people say that Trump won the whole election even though there were several states where he didn't win. People are weird sometimes.

This serious? Ps4 is selling more units ww combined then xbox1 Omg.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

VAMatt said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well I think many already have noticed the console audience is likely shrinking due to many casuals being content with mobile phone gaming. Family games and licensed film games are often mobile only these days. Sony's Vita was the first casualty in my opinion, while 3DS is doing significantly less than its predecessor.

Japan is the country we look at where mobile phone gaming has had the most impact on the console gaming business. While the west is where its still most relevant.

Its unlikely this gen will achieve sales at par with last gen because the market chagned.

The Wii's success throws a curveball into comparisons between this generation and the last.  Likewise, how will we account for Switch?  What generation?  Is it a console, or a handheld?

Yeah, Wii's success was an anomoly and a fad. But there was always a casual audience in console gaming and it seems almost wiped out in the console arena, home and portable.

Much like the a laptop, the Switch is a home and portable device. Perception of what it is may depend on how owners use it as well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

xl-klaudkil said:
vivster said:

Yeah, weird right? I also heard people say that Trump won the whole election even though there were several states where he didn't win. People are weird sometimes.

This serious? Ps4 is selling more units ww combined then xbox1 Omg.

I didn't say it wasn't selling more. I just said it isn't outselling it WW. WW would mean everywhere. Keep thinking otherwise if it makes you happy.

And then you look at those Japan sales....

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:

Soo now that xbox is winning ( 4 months out of a whole genn) Microsoft finnaly going to let us know how much the x1 sold ww ldt?

I heard 22 millions for early september. (before slim then)

Dunno if it's true or not.

If it is, Vgchartz is probably close to Xone real numbers , still ps4 undertracked by more than 1 M.

hiccupthehuman said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Thats it? Just 3 countries out of like 100?

Mexico. The majority of South America is Xbox Land as well. But those aren't officially tracked by NPD or GfK or whatever. So maybe add about 12 to 15 more countries.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-xbox-360-one-console-playstation-latin-america

That's the exact opposite of what I've heard from all of my friends from South America, but I don't live there so whatevs.

Also, the models they get are still tracked, just not tracked as whatever country they were sold in. Instead they are tracked as purchases from countries like the US, which are then exported to South American countries. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Also, I'd like to add that doing better in three countries for four months isn't much whenever Xbox just released a newer version of the XB1 and people have been patiently waiting for the Pro to release.

I fully expect things to go back to normal with November, though both platforms will benefit greatly from the holidays.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
hiccupthehuman said:

Mexico. The majority of South America is Xbox Land as well. But those aren't officially tracked by NPD or GfK or whatever. So maybe add about 12 to 15 more countries.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-xbox-360-one-console-playstation-latin-america

That's the exact opposite of what I've heard from all of my friends from South America, but I don't live there so whatevs.

Also, the models they get are still tracked, just not tracked as whatever country they were sold in. Instead they are tracked as purchases from countries like the US, which are then exported to South American countries. 

At least here in chile PlayStation is the king, and xbox only had kind off a mainstream acceptance when ps3 was very expensive and you could hack 360s

I'm sure it's the same in Argentina and the rest of south América, but México and central América could alter the total results of latinamerica 

Edit. if you actually check national stores xbox is almost nowhere to be seen, most software on stores is PS. Maybe national retailers import them from the us and sales are counted there rather than here, either that or Mexico sales offset every other country

The chilean ps4 community in facebook has 94.000 people while the xbox one has 11.000

Found it :

22 millions early september, 14 in USA.