By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, Xbox One has outsold Ps4 in 3 Countries in October!

iNathan said:
Who saw it coming? 3 countries where Xbox One is selling better, that is a great! i know WW is getting murdered but good to see Xbox rising. "Xbox One was once again the best-selling console in October in the U.S., U.K. and Australia," according to results given to Microsoft by The NPD Group and GfK Entertainment.

I did. I also saw Trump and Brexit winning and I also foresee either President Marine or President Sarkozy in France... 

Only thing I cannot predict is December and Italy's elections since I have little data for both... 

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
Azuren said:

That's the exact opposite of what I've heard from all of my friends from South America, but I don't live there so whatevs.

Also, the models they get are still tracked, just not tracked as whatever country they were sold in. Instead they are tracked as purchases from countries like the US, which are then exported to South American countries. 

At least here in chile PlayStation is the king, and xbox only had kind off a mainstream acceptance when ps3 was very expensive and you could hack 360s

I'm sure it's the same in Argentina and the rest of south América, but México and central América could alter the total results of latinamerica 

Edit. if you actually check national stores xbox is almost nowhere to be seen, most software on stores is PS. Maybe national retailers import them from the us and sales are counted there rather than here, either that or Mexico sales offset every other country

The chilean ps4 community in facebook has 94.000 people while the xbox one has 11.000

Chile actually has one of the few gaming communities where the PlayStation fans outnumber Xbox fans. Most American communities prefer the Xbox since the US of A sits next door... 

The further you are from America, the Commonwealth and BRICS, the more likely a country will swing blue... 

Azuren said:

Also, I'd like to add that doing better in three countries for four months isn't much whenever Xbox just released a newer version of the XB1 and people have been patiently waiting for the Pro to release.

I fully expect things to go back to normal with November, though both platforms will benefit greatly from the holidays.

This isn't unusual. There's no normal in gaming market sales unless sales magically skyrocket... 

People must be buying them as cheap 4K Blu-ray players.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Bristow9091 said:
But the XBOX has always sold well in the US and UK anyway, the 360 was always the number one console, and I, guessing along with a lot of people, expected the One to outsell the PS4 weekly/monthly regularly in at least the US based on last gen trends... I'll become interested when it does something that isn't the norm, like outsell the PS4 in EU or, and this will NEVER happen, in Japan, lol.

Wrong, the PS3 outsold the 360. 

It only held the edge for as long as it did with Sony's PS3 launch blunder (selling it for $600, no online friends lists, etc.) and a year head start, and guess what? It STILL ended up being outsold by the PS3 in the end primarily because of all the 3rd and 1st party exclusives Sony managed to secure for it in its catch up and addressing the issues with its online. 

Around the Network

Aaaaaaaaaaand it just lost November.

It's irrelevant considering the PS4 managed to outweigh the NPD margins in a couple weeks in the UK alone, and that's not even counting Japan where it MASSIVELY outsells the XB1 every week, just thought I'd throw that in. 

Well PS4 got US and UK back. Now it is down to one country.

How is 3 countries a win?

I mean, its better than 0, but can you imagine Sony tweeting something like:

100 - 3. Happy Holidays.