By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 sales could hit 175 million if Sony drops price to $200, says Pachter

175m!? Thats crazy!

Reason why PS2 hit 155m beside affordable price and very long life and availability also, was because it was pirated was very popular console even in countries where standard is poor.

Around the Network

Yes, the can sell a lot more if they price it at 25 dollars. THis man is incredible

Sometimes I wonder what he thinks when he says these things, really.

Very unlikely imo.

I mean... Has PS3 ever been less than $200? Microsoft ran the 360 down to the $100 mark at one point, I'm shocked the PS4 Slim could be picked up for $220 with three games during the upcoming Black Friday.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
KBG29 said:
Not bring PlayStation OS and hardware to TV's, Phones, Tablets, etc. is a multi Trillion dollar fumble over the next decade.

It's not as simple as "put the ps4 OS on everything!!!" PS4 software requires very specific hardware to run. They can't bring it to other devices, they'd have to create devices specifically for it.

PS4 hardware is less than $300, and even cheaper if it is built into another device where it shares many of the resources. It can easily be integrated into Bravia TV's, Xperia Phones and Tablets, and a Portable Gaming devices. On the TV, Tablet, and Phones, it would add very, very little cost to have 8GB of GDDR5 and the PS4 APU. Due to the increase in sales volume, they would get even lower prices for the all martials, chips, etc. as well.

By having the PS4 chip set in many of their devices, and having the PS4 OS be the standard across Sony hardware, they would be in a much stronger position, and the PlayStation platform would be an even more inticing place to develope for. This is the most simple of business decisions held back by the older executives at Sony. Sir Howard Stringer and Kaz Hirai have both been trying to unify Sony around a standard hardware and OS for the last decade, and Ken Kutaragi before them. Once it finally happens, it will be a great day for Sony, Gamers, and electronic consumers in general.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Best comedian in gaming lol

i deferentially think its possible, its just a mater of how long this console generation will last and at how much Sony is going to reduce the price. You already see the PS4 slim going below 240€ a lot, pricing it 200€ should be the way to go as the PS4 Pro is steal currently. If they can get it below 200 to 150€ that could guarantee PS2 numbers

KBG29 said:
PS4 hardware is less than $300, and even cheaper if it is built into another device where it shares many of the resources. It can easily be integrated into Bravia TV's, Xperia Phones and Tablets, and a Portable Gaming devices.

Sure, easily! I can see no problems whatsoever, especially building PS4-compatible hardware with PS4-performance into an 100 - 200 grams smartphone!

KBG29 said:
On the TV, Tablet, and Phones, it would add very, very little cost to have 8GB of GDDR5 and the PS4 APU. Due to the increase in sales volume, they would get even lower prices for the all martials, chips, etc. as well.

How do you shrink the PS4 APU and GDDR5 RAM to a size that works in a tablet or smartphone and is energy efficient enough to run with a 2 - 4 aH battery?

And why do you think that would be cheap and would add very very little cost? Higher volumes help to reduce prices... but only up to a point.

KBG29 said:
By having the PS4 chip set in many of their devices, and having the PS4 OS be the standard across Sony hardware, they would be in a much stronger position, and the PlayStation platform would be an even more inticing place to develope for. This is the most simple of business decisions held back by the older executives at Sony.

... or held back by reality.

well it's clear this gen is here to stay. 3 years and ps4 is already superceded by ps4 pro. kinda wished I had just waited now and bought pro