By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hollywood, you deserve this. This is your damn fault!

Ouroboros24 said:

Progressive movement is gone. 

I remember after 2008 and 2012 elections how conservatives I knew thought the Republican party was irrelevant and needed to be reborn to get back the White House.

Right now things look rough for progressives, but I guarantee you if Trump does half of what he promises it will stir up people and come 2020 it is very possible the Democrats led by a populists progressive could take the White House.

No party since World War II has managed to have a vice grip on government for a long time. Back in the 1980s many thought Republicans would dominate the White House for decades, yet in the 90s, 00s, and 10s they have lost 4 out of 7, and 2 of their 3 wins were in spite of losing the popular vote.

Around the Network

So, people voted for trump just because Hollywood said Clinton?

3rd world problems.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

How about the Republicans trotting out evangelical charlatan preachers like Franklin Graham to say that Trump is God's choice? I'm not religious but I'd say that's far more disturbing than what some movie star says, especially when the Republican Party is in bed with the Southern Baptist Convention in most southern states and Mormonism holds that role in the West. The original defeat of Prop 8 in California was because the Salt Lake Temple flooded the Inland Empire and the Central Valley with scare propaganda.

Areym said:

"erase racial tension"

Who the fuck said that? Like he was just gonna wave his magic black wand and suddenly hundreds of years of racism are just gonna dissapear? Come on now.

Well, during his tenure the racil tension raised and several bad things and violent moviments appeared. So he ended up doing worse than if he didn't anything. SpokenTruth said:
DonFerrari said:
Rich people that think they know what is best for the poor are like that... they talk all the time about how we should care about the poor and share the money, but it's always other people money.

Don't remember seeing Bill Gates taking sides, and he is one that really spread his money around, while this celebs only care about how to make their mansions bigger and get richer.

True.  Some celebrities are really bad about it.  I know that has even run for president.

That's one way to look at it. Not to forget we have Hollywood presidents before.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

d21lewis said:

I'm going to say this:

I'm black. Watching Hilary pander to black people was cringeworthy. I understand she was trying to win the demographic but goddam. It was an insult to our intelligence. Watching her hang out with Mary J Blogs, garner support from Jay Z, and speak on "black issues"? I said to myself, just be consistent and deliver a focused message and you'll be fine. She was trying to be all things to all people and it just came across as fake.

I still voted for her but I felt dirty afterwords.

I remember the hot sauce thing lmao I wanted her to win but damn, that was so forced.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

100% agree.

Celebrities are still bitter today talking all kinds of crap and about sexism/racism won the election etc. Clinton had an abysmal campaign. Glad she lost and her supporters are in dismay.

Turkish said:
Chris Hu said:
The reason why Hillary lost is because of low voter turnout which always favors Republican candidates.

About 7 million Dems who voted on Obama didnt want to vote on Hillary and thats why she lost.

Dems lost because their candidate was Hillary.

Most of those 7 million didn't bother to vote again low voter turnout favors Republican candidates. Plus there where cases of voter suppression which always favors Republicans.

Ouroboros24 said:

Hollywood, this is your fault.  Hollywood and the media that had the gall to think the whole of America thought and acted like them.  All these celebrities that did not feel the pressure of financial woes, but acted like the presidency was as important to them as it was for those waiting for a job.  These celebrities that live lavish lives that like to tweet and instagram all their fortunes then act like most of America thought this way. 

I was watching the DailyShow live coverage and all the jokes were anti-Trump.  It was indicative of how ass backwards the media is about the rest of America.  If you didn't vote Hillary you must be an idiot hick.  They use reverse racism, bigoted jokes aimed at states who are red, and then act like it was just a joke and not a shade at these people.  How the hell are you going to have Jay Z perform at your rally with his songs uncensored and he's throwing N-words and F-bombs all throughout and still be so concerned with what crazy shit Donald says around your children?  So ass backwards. 

So damn cocky.  So damn over confident that Hillary was going to beat Trump like she's not a damaged vehicle.  The media plays Hillary as this great public supporter when she's damaged goods.  "I'm with her", what the fuck kind rallying cry is that.  It means nothing.  At least "make America great again" has a message. 

The media created Barrack Obama.  The media heralded this guy as the change we all needed.  He was the guy to make health care cheap and affordable.  He was the guy to unite all of america and erase racial tension.  And all throughout his 8 years, he's been nothing but good at his job.  But where is Obama's Legacy, now?  He was a cool guy that everyone like and all the celebrities were his friend.  He was great buds with Key and Peele and he's had some great skits.  That's his legacy now.  Being the cool guy everyone liked.  His real legacy is a government controlled by the republicans.  By January 21, 2017, Obamacare is gone.  Progressive movement is gone.  Eight years of his term is gone.  The united states is divided and racial tension is in an all time high.  ISIS and attacks all around the US.  That's Obama's legacy.  And it's all your fault Hollywood.  Because you thought you knew everything and thought everyone was like you.  Great job, you did this Hollywood.

Misdirected anger IMO. The failing was entirely with the Clinton campaign. Hillary won the popular vote, but lost 3 states (PA, MI, WI) by a collective 107K votes that she should have won, because she assumed those states were in her column so she didn't spend enough time or money shoring up support in those states. The presidency was decided because 53.5 K people across those three states probably could have have been convinced to vote for her with a bit of campaign effort but voted for Trump instead. That's not on Hollywood at all. Low turnout does tend to favour Republicans, and the last time there was a turn out in the 55% range was 2000, which is also the last time a Republican won the ECV but lost the NPV. I don;t see how Hollywood (or the media) is to blame for lower voter turnout. Of course there was active chatter in the Trump campaign about how they could legally decrease voter turn out.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

DonFerrari said:
Rich people that think they know what is best for the poor are like that... they talk all the time about how we should care about the poor and share the money, but it's always other people money.

Don't remember seeing Bill Gates taking sides, and he is one that really spread his money around, while this celebs only care about how to make their mansions bigger and get richer.

Bill Gates has historically been a Democrat supporter, and I assume he still is and most likely voted for Clinton. But that's just speculation, since as you say he doesn't appear to have publicly taken sides.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Yes, I do not need Tony Stark telling me how to live my life =(

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.