By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hollywood, you deserve this. This is your damn fault!

Trump flipped 5 states in the greater rust belt for Republicans - and without those the Dems can never win again. Dems now have very little to offer for the working class and that is the cause of their demise. Identity politics may win LA and NYC but not the rust belt.

Around the Network

I remember looking at a magazine cover of night show and comedy show hosts (Colbert, Meyers, Noah, Bynes, Oliver and others), and it occurred to me that every single one of them was openly left leaning and used their platform to support their side.

I'll admit I wondered if a big reason trump had gotten as far as he had at that point was that virtually everyone on TV and in Hollywood (not to mention both sides of the political establishment) were telling them not to.

"I don't want the elite and the celebrities telling me who to vote for "
Votes for a celebrity that belongs to that elite... those people owe me a new irony detector.

binary solo said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Hollywood, this is your fault.  Hollywood and the media that had the gall to think the whole of America thought and acted like them.  All these celebrities that did not feel the pressure of financial woes, but acted like the presidency was as important to them as it was for those waiting for a job.  These celebrities that live lavish lives that like to tweet and instagram all their fortunes then act like most of America thought this way. 

I was watching the DailyShow live coverage and all the jokes were anti-Trump.  It was indicative of how ass backwards the media is about the rest of America.  If you didn't vote Hillary you must be an idiot hick.  They use reverse racism, bigoted jokes aimed at states who are red, and then act like it was just a joke and not a shade at these people.  How the hell are you going to have Jay Z perform at your rally with his songs uncensored and he's throwing N-words and F-bombs all throughout and still be so concerned with what crazy shit Donald says around your children?  So ass backwards. 

So damn cocky.  So damn over confident that Hillary was going to beat Trump like she's not a damaged vehicle.  The media plays Hillary as this great public supporter when she's damaged goods.  "I'm with her", what the fuck kind rallying cry is that.  It means nothing.  At least "make America great again" has a message. 

The media created Barrack Obama.  The media heralded this guy as the change we all needed.  He was the guy to make health care cheap and affordable.  He was the guy to unite all of america and erase racial tension.  And all throughout his 8 years, he's been nothing but good at his job.  But where is Obama's Legacy, now?  He was a cool guy that everyone like and all the celebrities were his friend.  He was great buds with Key and Peele and he's had some great skits.  That's his legacy now.  Being the cool guy everyone liked.  His real legacy is a government controlled by the republicans.  By January 21, 2017, Obamacare is gone.  Progressive movement is gone.  Eight years of his term is gone.  The united states is divided and racial tension is in an all time high.  ISIS and attacks all around the US.  That's Obama's legacy.  And it's all your fault Hollywood.  Because you thought you knew everything and thought everyone was like you.  Great job, you did this Hollywood.

Misdirected anger IMO. The failing was entirely with the Clinton campaign. Hillary won the popular vote, but lost 3 states (PA, MI, WI) by a collective 107K votes that she should have won, because she assumed those states were in her column so she didn't spend enough time or money shoring up support in those states. The presidency was decided because 53.5 K people across those three states probably could have have been convinced to vote for her with a bit of campaign effort but voted for Trump instead. That's not on Hollywood at all. Low turnout does tend to favour Republicans, and the last time there was a turn out in the 55% range was 2000, which is also the last time a Republican won the ECV but lost the NPV. I don;t see how Hollywood (or the media) is to blame for lower voter turnout. Of course there was active chatter in the Trump campaign about how they could legally decrease voter turn out.

Jokes on you.  I actually voted Trump.  I just wrote this to get opinions.  Which I did.

Those damn Hollywood pinkos, they screw USA, they screw the whole world!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
chidori-chan2 said:
The Democrats are to blame for their own stupidity.

hes right

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Chris Hu said:
Turkish said:

About 7 million Dems who voted on Obama didnt want to vote on Hillary and thats why she lost.

Dems lost because their candidate was Hillary.

Most of those 7 million didn't bother to vote again low voter turnout favors Republican candidates. Plus there where cases of voter suppression which always favors Republicans.
If they didn't bother to go to vote you can't assume that if they gone they would vote for Hillary, the main reason they didn't go to vote is because they didn't felt represented by neither.

binary solo said:
DonFerrari said:
Rich people that think they know what is best for the poor are like that... they talk all the time about how we should care about the poor and share the money, but it's always other people money.

Don't remember seeing Bill Gates taking sides, and he is one that really spread his money around, while this celebs only care about how to make their mansions bigger and get richer.

Bill Gates has historically been a Democrat supporter, and I assume he still is and most likely voted for Clinton. But that's just speculation, since as you say he doesn't appear to have publicly taken sides.
I have no issue with Gates being democrat supporter, but still he isn't there being a parot telling others how to live their lives.

WagnerPaiva said:
Yes, I do not need Tony Stark telling me how to live my life =(
Neither do I, remembering how much of a crackhead the actor got before coming back for Iron Man.

DragonRouge said:
"I don't want the elite and the celebrities telling me who to vote for "
Votes for a celebrity that belongs to that elite... those people owe me a new irony detector.
You say that as if Hillary isn't both as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

numberwang said:
Trump flipped 5 states in the greater rust belt for Republicans - and without those the Dems can never win again. Dems now have very little to offer for the working class and that is the cause of their demise. Identity politics may win LA and NYC but not the rust belt.

Republicans have even less to offer to the working class. Trumps economic plan has failure written all over it and will lead to more jobs lost in the rust belt. At best those five states will become swing states. Unless some economic miracle happens those states will not stay solid Republican.

Chris Hu said:
numberwang said:

Republicans have even less to offer to the working class. Trumps economic plan has failure written all over it and will lead to more jobs lost in the rust belt. At best those five states will become swing states. Unless some economic miracle happens those states will not stay solid Republican.

Assuming Trump actually won't do anything for those states which is a reasonably safe assumption, and Clinton lost those 3 states which gave Trump the W by a collective 107K, which is a very small margin, it is very presumptuous of anyone to think that those states have become reliably red. But it did send Democrats a message about not taking those states for granted, so the question is whether they heard it and how they will respond.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Johnw1104 said:
I remember looking at a magazine cover of night show and comedy show hosts (Colbert, Meyers, Noah, Bynes, Oliver and others), and it occurred to me that every single one of them was openly left leaning and used their platform to support their side.

I'll admit I wondered if a big reason trump had gotten as far as he had at that point was that virtually everyone on TV and in Hollywood (not to mention both sides of the political establishment) were telling them not to.

It did feel a lot like the same people who painted Bush Jr as a joke were doing the same thing with Trump, and I think that approach of not taking an opposing candidate seriously is a bad strategy. Because then you don't seriously focus on the important things and clearly explain to voters why the opponent is a bad option. It's just LoL the guy is a joke, vote for me.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix