By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hollywood, you deserve this. This is your damn fault!

I would join the discussion but last time I did, the thread got locked and we were directed towards some official thread. I won't risk wasting any more of my time.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
d21lewis said:

I like Maher, too. Also used to love Dennis Miller. It's all good.

and Lewis Black

Lewis Black White... Trump won so stay on message.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

lol!

Votes for celebrity.

Then blames Hollywood.

I'm going to say this:

I'm black. Watching Hilary pander to black people was cringeworthy. I understand she was trying to win the demographic but goddam. It was an insult to our intelligence. Watching her hang out with Mary J Blogs, garner support from Jay Z, and speak on "black issues"? I said to myself, just be consistent and deliver a focused message and you'll be fine. She was trying to be all things to all people and it just came across as fake.

I still voted for her but I felt dirty afterwords.

One of the few highlights of this outcome; celebrities failed and apparently people didn't give a sh*t. Maybe this'll get some of them off their high-horse. Probably not though, and they'll just keep on asking for attention with blacked out twitter-profiles. Anyway, I did think Robert deNiro's video was pretty funny.

Around the Network

Rich people that think they know what is best for the poor are like that... they talk all the time about how we should care about the poor and share the money, but it's always other people money.

Don't remember seeing Bill Gates taking sides, and he is one that really spread his money around, while this celebs only care about how to make their mansions bigger and get richer.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ouroboros24 said:
pokoko said:
Stop whining about "Hollywood". The Republican party is just as eager to trot out celebrities as anyone else. They had an actor I don't even know speak at the RNC this year. Stop looking for scapegoats.

You know what's funny?  I can easily write about how it was the republican's fault if Hillary had won.  This thread could have easily gone "Republican's, look what you've done."  And then it would list a few of the things the republicans did that made hillary win.  I'm really not placing a scapegoat.  I'm just trying to make a point that is valid enough or something that could be discussed.   In my opinion, the way things are is because of small things that happened to get us here.  At least for this thread, I wanna place "Hollywood" as the central theme.  I guess I'm trying to say I don't try to lean to either side.  I believe in South Park when they say it's either a Turd Sandwich or a Douche.  This time I think the Douche won.  Here is my rebuttal:

Yes, true the Reps could have easily trot out their celebrities, but it wouldn't have been as impactful as the ones voting democrat.  Robert Downey jr. vs Charles in charge.  We can say that the overall side of Hollywood was with democrats and they told their fans to do the same.  Look at all the twitter feeds of all the celebrities who took Hillary's side.  While I'm sure Trump had his own celebrity backers, the Hillary community far outnumbered Trump.  By number and quality.  I'm sure Tom hanks is a trump guy.  They voiced it throughout all other media and made it a scare tactic if Trump won.  Instead, they were overconfident and assumed that the worst could never happen.  They made the same mistake the GOP made when Trump came on to the scene.  That was another blunder.  They couldn't see how far a reach Trump truly had and the competence he kept hidden under his crazy ass tirades.

It's still looking for a scapegoat and I'd find it meaningless either way.  They're just people who voiced their opinion, just like millions of other people.  If there are those out there who are influenced by that, it is their own fault.  It's nothing but noise.

It's like screaming that this is all the fault of bloggers who wrote about politics, or twitter users who retweeted unsourced "news" constantly.

If anything, you should be complaining about the actual problem of lobbyist who directly control votes in the Senate.

d21lewis said:

I'm going to say this:

I'm black. Watching Hilary pander to black people was cringeworthy. I understand she was trying to win the demographic but goddam. It was an insult to our intelligence. Watching her hang out with Mary J Blogs, garner support from Jay Z, and speak on "black issues"? I said to myself, just be consistent and deliver a focused message and you'll be fine. She was trying to be all things to all people and it just came across as fake.

I still voted for her but I felt dirty afterwords.

Did you see the picture of her sitting awkwardly in a black church while the people around her were singing?  It was ridiculous.  Absolutely no one is fooled by that.  

Of course, Trump hanging around with immigrants and working class white people is also ridiculous.  These are people he'd normally step on without a second thought.

Chris Hu said:
The reason why Hillary lost is because of low voter turnout which always favors Republican candidates.

About 7 million Dems who voted on Obama didnt want to vote on Hillary and thats why she lost.

Dems lost because their candidate was Hillary.

LOLLLLLL

I dont want to say much but I can definitely say it's not Hollywood's fault LOLLL oh gosh the things people come up with xD

"erase racial tension"

Who the fuck said that? Like he was just gonna wave his magic black wand and suddenly hundreds of years of racism are just gonna dissapear? Come on now.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian