By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Hasn't even been an hour and I noticed a worrying observation

That's very typical after these big elections. Same thing happened with Brexit.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
d21lewis said:
When I was very young, I saw a TV show that nobody seems to remember but me. It was called "Cosmic Slop". It stayed in my head.

It was an anthology of sorts and in one segment, aliens came to earth. They promised to turn earth into a utopia in exchange for all of the black people. They set an amount of time for earth to vote on whether black people could stay or not. In public, the world pledged support of black people and, on the day that the aliens returned, black people were shocked as the vast majority voted to have them taken away. And as one black person looked on in shock, he was told by a white person, "You had to know that you people didn't stand a chance, right?"

Don't know why, but the current climate in America reminded me of this.

Why do you feel like that? You're buying into the fearmongering of the media.

I don't feel like that. I actually don't think it'll make much difference and, in a way, I wanted Trump to win. I live in this country. The man made some big promises. Either be does what he says and things will be great or he won't. Hilary wouldn't fulfill her promises either but at least I won't have to listen to four years of "If only we would have elected Trump..."

I'm a grown man. I live in a very real world. This whole situation just reminded me of that show. The polls and predictions all said one thing but when people were alone with their views and thoughts, they vote painted a different picture. I can respect that. I'm not even bitter.

I don't even blame the people (like my wife who's white and I'm black, btw) who said "I'm not voting for either. I don't like them.". I'm not blaming the people who voted for "Harambe". I'm not blaming people who voted Libertarian. The fact is, the people who voted wanted Trump to be President. Now, we move forward.

It's soon to know what will happen now that Trump's been elected. I'm worried nevertheless. The guy said some horrible things in campaign, I just hope that he won't accomplished all the things he said, and it was just a campaign strategy.

Lawlight said:
d21lewis said:
When I was very young, I saw a TV show that nobody seems to remember but me. It was called "Cosmic Slop". It stayed in my head.

It was an anthology of sorts and in one segment, aliens came to earth. They promised to turn earth into a utopia in exchange for all of the black people. They set an amount of time for earth to vote on whether black people could stay or not. In public, the world pledged support of black people and, on the day that the aliens returned, black people were shocked as the vast majority voted to have them taken away. And as one black person looked on in shock, he was told by a white person, "You had to know that you people didn't stand a chance, right?"

Don't know why, but the current climate in America reminded me of this.

Why do you feel like that? You're buying into the fearmongering of the media.

How can you blame the media when it comes from Trumps own mouth? Media isn't spinning it. Its not some conspiracy. Its words straight from his own mouth.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I don't even blame the people (like my wife who's white and I'm black, btw) who said "I'm not voting for either. I don't like them.". I'm not blaming the people who voted for "Harambe". I'm not blaming people who voted Libertarian. The fact is, the people who voted wanted Trump to be President. Now, we move forward.

The people did vote. Hillary has the popular vote. The people wanted Hillary. The electoral college is why  we're in this pickle.

bunchanumbers said:
d21lewis said:

The people did vote. Hillary has the popular vote. The people wanted Hillary. The electoral college is why  we're in this pickle.

Last I checked (a couple of hours ago) some states where still being counted. This isn't the first time this has happened. Not t a fan of the electoral college. Apparently, Trump want either.... Until now.