By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Hasn't even been an hour and I noticed a worrying observation

I'm on the internet, and there's a sudden explosion of people saying things you'd see much less before. people calling blacks niggers, hate on certain groups of people, etc. yes, a all of that was on the internet before. however, many social media pages are having more people saying it commonly.

Is it just me or do people feel more comfortable saying disgusting things just because trump won? the last thing I'd want to see is the bigots popping out and spreading hate everywhere. I also do not want to see salty Hillary supporters go on a rampage.

Hoping that this is just a hangover of the elections that will fade soon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Doubtful. Plus mods will take care of them on most sites.

For websites like vgchartz, sure.

But on social media and in the public, it's not as easy to stop that type of action

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I'm seeing a lot of tweets being racist towards specifically white people on Twitter currently, I guess because some people seem to think only white people are the reason for Trump winning or something, which is kind of ironic considering how many people said they were against Trump because they said he was racist, but are now being racist themselves.

I watched some Twitter accounts of celebrities that said they would leave the country if Trump won. Its not pretty. Especially Lena Dunhams.

You have to wonder how long it will take for people on social media to realize the bubble or echo chamber they exist in. Even if these posts or stories are true (which is quite doubtful imo), I invite people to get out of that echo chamber and see how or why people may feel the way they do.

Assigning a racist or sexist label to anyone who disagrees with you only helps create Trump supporters.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Namecalling and general rudeness has been the main theme of this election, and Trump is the anti-PC/SJW hero so I guess a rise in non-PC language/behaviour is to be expected?

spurgeonryan said:
FloatingWaffles said:

I'm seeing a lot of tweets being racist towards specifically white people on Twitter currently, I guess because some people seem to think only white people are the reason for Trump winning or something, which is kind of ironic considering how many people said they were against Trump because they said he was racist, but are now being racist themselves.

I can verify there were lots of people from India and African Americans too.

Apparently some people find that hard to believe and seem to think that only white people voted for Trump, based on what i'm seeing from some people on Twitter. 

There's a lot of vagina grabbing going on in my town. I hear some book burning rallies are scheduled for tomorrow as well. Stocks are plummeting everywhere...

God bless this all knowing populous. What would we do without them.

pray4mojo said:
There's a lot of vagina grabbing going on in my town. I hear some book burning rallies are scheduled for tomorrow as well. Stocks are plummeting everywhere...

God bless this all knowing populous. What would we do without them.

Apparently some college campuses are protesting already or some shit as well.

A similar thing happened after the Brexit vote. People are stupid and don't understand what they were voting for. They would shout hateful things at people not from the EU, living and working here legally telling them to "Leave because we told you too.", some of them having been born and lived in the UK all their lives, no different to them. It legitimised racism. It was horrible to see.

It's calmed down however as some people realised it's not that simple to just say 'Bye' and close the door. We'll see what happens with this election result.

Hmm, pie.