By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Next President Of The United States Is Donald J Trump

Trump is the president. What do you think?

I hate myself and want to die. 232 25.38%

I am so happy and want to... 238 26.04%

Eh. I honestly don't care 204 22.32%

How the hell did 11,000 U... 240 26.26%

Total:914
Ronster316 said:
Chris Hu said:

How exactly is Michael Moore a hypocritical sack of shit he is pretty much the only liberal that saw the Trump victory coming.

In case you have not seen it........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rtqJ3W3g1c

Oh, and here's the john lewis christmas ad (parody version)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDVU_TGLJU0

You're welcome...!!!!!

Yeah, give a reliable source not a video from a right wing nut that is associated with Alex Jones. Alex Jones and all his followers a clinical insane. Not that I was expecting anything better. Anyway you probably eat Alex Jones BS on a daily basis. Get back at me in the future I might have some snake oil I want to sell you.

Around the Network
StarDoor said:
Nem said:

This is all very rich. Do you know? Everyone is the US except the natives are immigrants and descendants of immigrants. This includes Trump himself! What makes you more than the others? Why is it ok for you but not for others? The hipocrisy is right there.

First of all, Slimebeast is Swedish. It says so on his profile.

Bolded: What you said is false. The first people who came to North America were settlers, not immigrants. They were not migrating to an already-existing society. They didn't enter native American communities and adopt their culture. The initial American population was mostly English, partly Scottish, and a little bit German. Those are the people who created the United States. They created our currently existing political institutions. We are not a "nation of immigrants", we are a European nation founded in English political tradition that successfully integrated millions of northern and western Europeans mostly before 1880, successfully integrated millions of southern and eastern Europeans mostly between 1880 and 1924, and has failed to integrate millions of non-Europeans since 1965.

Nice spin on the deaths of all those Native Americans. I'm sure that them being settlers made all the difference to them.

naruball said:

Nice spin on the deaths of all those Native Americans. I'm sure that them being settlers made all the difference to them.

Oh yeah, those Native Americans were certainly oppressed by smallpox. You know, because 85-90% of indigenous Americans were killed by diseases and not Europeans.

StarDoor said:
naruball said:

Oh yeah, those Native Americans were certainly oppressed by smallpox. You know, because 85-90% of indigenous Americans were killed by diseases and not Europeans.

aaaaand I'm out. Seriously if you can't acknowledge that, there's no point discussing anything.

We'll hopefully survive...but it gives me little hope for this country's future.

Apparently, an 8 year old schoolyard bully could win...if only there wasn't that damned rule about having to be over 30.

Around the Network
naruball said:

aaaaand I'm out. Seriously if you can't acknowledge that, there's no point discussing anything.

Acknowledge what? Your incredibely flawed argument? Disease killed the vast majority of the native population, not warfare:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_history_of_indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas#Depopulation_from_disease

The only other thing you could be objecting to is the land itself being stolen from natives, but that doesn't hold up either. The various native tribes in North America did not have a state in the modern sense, and thus could not have had any meaningful diplomacy with the European colonial powers; the difference in the level of political organization was too great. Given how sparsely populated it was, especially after the outbreaks of disease, the New World was terra nullius for all intents and purposes. The right of conquest was universally recognized for almost the entirety of human history up until 1945, so you're going to have to vilify a lot more people than just white Americans if you want to push irredentism.

StarDoor said:
Nem said:

This is all very rich. Do you know? Everyone is the US except the natives are immigrants and descendants of immigrants. This includes Trump himself! What makes you more than the others? Why is it ok for you but not for others? The hipocrisy is right there.

Bolded: What you said is false. The first people who came to North America were settlers, not immigrants. They were not migrating to an already-existing society. They didn't enter native American communities and adopt their culture. The initial American population was mostly English, partly Scottish, and a little bit German. Those are the people who created the United States. They created our currently existing political institutions. We are not a "nation of immigrants", we are a European nation founded in English political tradition that successfully integrated millions of northern and western Europeans mostly before 1880, successfully integrated millions of southern and eastern Europeans mostly between 1880 and 1924, and has failed to integrate millions of non-Europeans since 1965.

Alright. Thank you for the accuracy, but it hardly changes anything from what i said. If he is of swedish descent, he is an immigrant's offspring as are all the americans bar the settlers you made sure to put aside. Though truth be told, we know that story isn't completely accurate. It was more like "forced" immigration where the local got chased off.

I am most interested in knowing why it failed since 1965, if in fact, it did. 

Nem said:
StarDoor said:

Alright. Thank you for the accuracy, but it hardly changes anything from what i said. If he is of swedish descent, he is an immigrant's offspring as are all the americans bar the settlers you made sure to put aside. Though truth be told, we know tht story isn't completely accurate. It was more like "forced" immigration where the local got chased off.

I am most interested in knowing why it failed since 1965, if in fact, it did. 

I mean, he literally lives in Sweden. He's not American at all.

Anyways, it failed because the most recent wave of immigrants has little in common with the historical American nation. They have a hard time integrating, and they disproportionally end up on government assistance:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/01/immigrant-welfare-use-report/71517072/

Why do we expect people from all sorts of Latin American, African, and Asian countries to start acting like Anglo-Americans? Immigrants are either forced to assimilate into the native culture, which the Left views as cultural imperialism, or the host nation is told to unconditionally accept people alien to their traditons and values, which destroys their own culture. Neither is an acceptable situation.

Even immigrants currently living here should object to this ongoing displacement-level immigration. They're just as negatively affected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2rYCKWFgPw

Nem said:
Slimebeast said:
-snipped some. The Wii U can't handle walls of text-

This is a wall of text, and I don't expect you to address it all Nem (you don't have to reply at all), because it's written for the debate, with the VGC reader in mind, more than it's addressed to you specifically, okay?

So, right now the policies of our authorities benefit the foreigner and disbenefit the natives and it's been like this for several decades. White guys are being told to be endlessly understanding, polite, helpful and as a thanks they get pissed in the face. The thanks is that they get called racist and fascist. Meanwhile the foreigners show their manly, aggressive, dominant, often violent behaviour, and yet it's interpreted that they are traumatized, vulnurable, victims of discrimination, the ones who need society's support.

But this just doesn't add up. It's not fair. It's all morality put upside down.

This means tolerance is not a solution anymore. To just nurture a submissive attitude among the natives is not a solution. To hope that the polite Western guy will keep absorbing all the problems doesn't work. Society, politicans and school must stop demanding this from the Western guy.

We need another solution, a solution that is realistic. A solution that is in harmony with human nature. A solution that is just and moral. And that is to close the borders, to put a halt to immigration. We can only absorb so many. Close the borders and focus on integration and regaining harmony and stability in society.

Trump was just the beginning. In all Western countries the so called "populist" parties will be victorious because the western guy is sick and tired of being the scapegoat who has to sacrifice himself and still be called a xenophobe, a racist and a fascist, and never get any thanks.

My solution will be victorious.

Don't try to use tricks please, tricks that failed even since I'm not even American.

Just look at the issue from a European context. Should be easy since you live in the Netherlands.

What does your policy has to offer all the millions of Western guys who are under huge pressure? Who feel their own lands have already been filled with foreign hostile elements, which has both evidently weakened the economy and made the streets unsafe, while the politicans and the media have the nerve to keep blaming the Western guys for being racist, and on top of it all threatens to bring in millions of more to make it all even more perverse!

Trump's victory was extremely important, but he didn't start this glorious movement that is tired of the established politicans and media talking down to us like we were idiots. We are dedicated to keep fighting and keep working now more than ever. We believe that closing the borders is the only solution that allows society to be able to focus on integration and assimilation, in order to regain harmony and stability in society.

If the establishment decides to keep using insulting and stigmatizing rhetorics and bizarrely accusatory words like xenophobia, racism, white supremacy and fascism, they reveal how out of touch they are with reality and prove how incompetent they are at taking care of the problems (and so far the post-election analysis has been, very smug, very much superior attitude,  very vulgar, the amount of self-criticism is severely lacking. It's hard to not vomit, really) then this just makes us more determined.

Our Sweden Democrats (Swe), Fremskrittspartiet (Nor), Swiss People's Party (Sui), AfD (Ger), Party for Freedom (Holl), Front National (Fra), Dansk Folkeparti (Dk), Vlaams Belang (Bek), FPÖ (Aus), Golden Dawn (Gre), PNR (Por), Law and Justice (Pol), Slovak National Party (Slo), People's Party (Slo), Fidesz (Hun), Jobbik (Hun) will have victory after victory in parliamentary elections.

Slimebeast, you are spot on. Spot on. Most people don't have a clue about "multiculturalism". Immigration is ok as long as it's from countries with similar cultures. I was born in Australia, grew up in Africa and moved back to Australia. People who say racism is common in Australia have no clue. I just wish political correctness didn't stop people from having an open discussion on what can or should be done. And look at this nonsense:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/deporting-apex-gang-members-inherently-racist-legal-groups-say-20160428-gogte6.html

Apparently deporting gang members who have committed serious offences (12 months in jail) is racist. Are these people for real?