By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pro: The Quietest PlayStation 4 To Date

Its quiet alright! Just damn!

Actually, now that I am focusing on it, it can get a little loud under load. But like, you would really have to like have little to no sound for it to be distracting.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

lame. I wanted it to be so loud it sounded like a growl. That way when a burglar tries to break in my house they think a big dog is inside

hype diminished

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Didn't Eurogamer say in their review that it was still pretty loud as the fan noise is noticeable and the fan constantly changes speed

Heres a qoute from their written review:
"In terms of the acoustic performance of the Pro, it has much more in common with the c-chassis PS4 than the Slim. We were hoping that the larger console may integrate a larger fan - typically, the larger fan, the slower it needs to spin in order to displace the same amount of heat. We've yet to put the Pro through exhaustive tests here, but we note a peak 55dB during inFamous First Light gameplay, but really it's not so much the loudness that's the issue as opposed to the pitch. The fan spins up and down and is clearly audible from across the room. Initial tests on heat again show a profile similar to the standard PS4"

55DB, no thanks.

Around the Network

Digital Foundry says otherwise but apart from that, it's not surprising it is more silent than my slim PS4 - it is actually quite loud.

PwerlvlAmy said:
lame. I wanted it to be so loud it sounded like a growl. That way when a burglar tries to break in my house they think a big dog is inside

hype diminished

Some people would be afraid to play

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

walsufnir said:
Digital Foundry says otherwise but apart from that, it's not surprising it is more silent than my slim PS4 - it is actually quite loud.

So ... if it's wrong, 'I told you so' and if it's right 'I'm not impressed'.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
walsufnir said:

So ... if it's wrong, 'I told you so' and if it's right 'I'm not impressed'.

Ah, the typical persecution complex that everybody not being completely a Sony fanboy is dismissing everything Playstation. How surprising.

Versus_Evil said:
Great news, I can stop duck taping a pair of pillows to my head now.

Duct taping. Plz, PLEASE.

The console being quiet is good news but too bad it's humongous and bigger than OG PS4... I'll wait for the PS4Pro Slim..