By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pro: The Quietest PlayStation 4 To Date

This is excellent news to those who sit closer to their TVs:

View on YouTube

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Seriously, do Sony pay you or something? Because the marketing campaign you make them here is kind of ridiculous honestly, couldn't you include this detail in one of your hundred threads about Pro?

Goodnightmoon said:
Seriously, do Sony pay you or something? Because the marketing campaign you make them here is kind of ridiculous honestly, couldn't you include this detail in one of your hundred threads about Pro?

He's actually on VGChart's payroll to create traffic on this site.  So is Vastro on the Xbox front.

Goodnightmoon said:

There's no way in hell I would've heard about this if it was in some mega thread, but this is pretty relevent information to current Ps4 owners that know what a ps4 sounds like when it tries to emulate jet turbine technology.

LivingMetal said:

He's actually on VGChart's payroll to create traffic on this site.  So is Vastro on the Xbox front.

Yep, something I feel needs appreciating more. And a lot of the time I post things because I think someone will find it interesting, even if I don't.

aLkaLiNE said:

There's no way in hell I would've heard about this if it was in some mega thread, but this is pretty relevent information to current Ps4 owners that know what a ps4 sounds like when it tries to emulate jet turbine technology.

Exactly. I've done it several times with Dreams, NMS, UC4, PS4 Pro (got locked) and it isn't worth it. The info gets burried and then days later someone posts it and the responses to the 'new' news shows me quite clearly no one even bothered looking through the mega thread.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

You're right, I can't hear it at all!

I like the sound of a hard working machine, feels like it's really doing something. I also miss the sounds of mechanical drives, 56k modems, and those high pitched sweeps when CRT tvs switch resolutions. It's all too quiet nowadays :p

Goodnightmoon said:

It's a nice change to have Vgchartz flooded with pro articles instead of NX threads for once. 

OT: super news.  I'm really looking forward to buying mine. 

Goodnightmoon said:

We wouldn't want all the Switch threads to get pushed out would we??

Good to know. My current ps4 barely mages l makes a peep but it could always be better.

That's a good thing to know. My PS4 does make some noise but doesn't bother me (though sometimes scares me that it might die lol)