By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pro: The Quietest PlayStation 4 To Date

Goodnightmoon said:
Seriously, do Sony pay you or something? Because the marketing campaign you make them here is kind of ridiculous honestly, couldn't you include this detail in one of your hundred threads about Pro?

Well, nothing more annoying than NX/Switch threads every 5 minutes

Around the Network

Arent you a little obsessed with the ps4 pro my friend?

Interesting. My PS4 is not nearly as loud as my PS3 Super Slim. Unless you have MGS V and idle around on the ACC.

l this talk about fan noise!!!!!???? I swear i dont understand gamers these days (maybe i never did?)

What i would kill to know is how it's sata 3 performance is. Especially what happens when an SSD is thrown in there.

aLkaLiNE said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Seriously, do Sony pay you or something? Because the marketing campaign you make them here is kind of ridiculous honestly, couldn't you include this detail in one of your hundred threads about Pro?

There's no way in hell I would've heard about this if it was in some mega thread, but this is pretty relevent information to current Ps4 owners that know what a ps4 sounds like when it tries to emulate jet turbine technology.

It is really that loud? I never realized about it when playing with friends, I think my old wii is more noisy tbh, but next time I'm in front of one I'll check it out.

Around the Network

Well, I haven't seem PS4Pro threads reach 1/10 of the volume of NX rumors and funny enough each thread seemed to bring a different new info instead of conflict rumors.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, that'll be interesting to see. Digital Foundry previously said they suspected that transfer speeds might still be restricted by something on the motherboard, meaning that SATA 3 might not help much at all. Hopefully they find that they were wrong and that SSD's finally offer an improvement similar to what you can get on PC. 

Yeah i saw that too. But why I am being hopeful is because the PS4s was just released and it still has a sata 2 interface. I wanna believe they wouldn't put a sata 3 interface in the pro just for laughs and giggles. 

Well, that and I already ordered an SSD :(

Bandorr said:
Culipechi said:
Arent you a little obsessed with the ps4 pro my friend?

You seem a bit obsessed with calling people obsessed.

This is now your second posting calling someone obsessed.

As far as PS4 volume goes - I never hear mine. I propped it up on a couple of old card boxes. Iet lets cold air circulate it. Doesn't block the sides. And not only lets hot air out easily through the back, with the gap under it the hot air can go that way also.

Yes i am. But the question remains, is he?

Goodnightmoon said:
aLkaLiNE said:

There's no way in hell I would've heard about this if it was in some mega thread, but this is pretty relevent information to current Ps4 owners that know what a ps4 sounds like when it tries to emulate jet turbine technology.

It is really that loud? I never realized about it when playing with friends, I think my old wii is more noisy tbh, but next time I'm in front of one I'll check it out.

No, it only gets noisy (think of what a PC would sound like when the GPU is under load, fans speed kicks up but it's not a distracting noise) during certain conditions for certain games. Most games the fans are on low speed

CGI-Quality said:
Guys, please stop responding to Goodnight's comment.

The guy is just annoying as hell. Every time he pops up into a PS related thread he always as something negative to say. 

These is a few comments from his last 3 PS4 related threads he visited. I didn't have to dig, I just found the last 3 PS4 related threads he commented in.

Thread about GTAV hitting 12M on PS4;

"Already on its way to be the most overrated game ever, I bought it and started to feel very bored after the first 10-15hours, but oh well, is big, I can just drive around a virtual city listening to music instead of playing something with an actual good gameplay."

Thread about Tomb Raider vs Uncharted

"Maybe because is an exclusive and has better graphics. Already 2 friends of mine with a Ps4 told me the new Tomb Raider is actually way better, I still need to play it though."

Thread about Halo 5 and Unchated 4

"And meanwhile a new Ip on the tiniest userbase this gen has outsold them both."

Now you can say it's his opinion but when you see him do this virtually every time he is in a PS4 thread it gets annoying.