By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mega Drive (the original model) goes back into production in Brazil.

Tagged games:

Mega Drive (the original model) goes back into production in Brazil.

WTF 29 29.29%

What? 14 14.14%

Cool. 18 18.18%

Very cool. 29 29.29%

Don´t care. 8 8.08%

Total:98
WagnerPaiva said:
SegataSanshiro said:
I mean the Master System is still selling there. So sure why not.

The Master System we have here has 122 games and a 6 buttons controler, pretty weird.

Just think in 2076 get to finally play the Dreamcast! In all seriousness it actually makes me happy SEGA hardware still lives somwhere no matter the circumstance. They made some amazing games back in the day.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
LipeJJ said:

I know some people that used to play it some time ago, but only for nostalgia. Most gamers here just have either a PS3 or an Xbox 360 (Nintendo is virtually dead), but recently I think PS4 and XB1 are starting to take over as most stores and sites focus basically only on them (with other consoles having tiny or secondary sections).

But yeah, you are right about prices, althought things are getting better as you can (officially) find a PS4 for less than $500 (I know, it's still bad, but compared to launch, when it was like $1500, it's much better).

Man, that sucks. How is that still a thing over there? I don't know much about how trade/goods work in Brazil. But 1500 at launch!? Yeah, I'd be playing Golden Axe or something for sure. 

Yeah, it was crazy. But not crazier than PS3's launch price: $3000!!

Anyway, Xbox One launched for $550, which is the reason why Microsoft is more popular in Brazil nowadays. Sony usually has some crazy price tags at launch. Thankfully, they're both cheaper these days (around the same price).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

So when does the Saturn launch in Brazil? Or do Brazilians have to deal with the crummy 32X first?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
So when does the Saturn launch in Brazil? Or do Brazilians have to deal with the crummy 32X first?

Lol. Tec Toy has a deal with Sega Sammy. They have the rights to produce and sell the Genesis and the Master System. They hold no rights for the Dreamcast, Saturn, 32X, Sega CD or Game Gear.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
NightDragon83 said:

Lol. Tec Toy has a deal with Sega Sammy. They have the rights to produce and sell the Genesis and the Master System. They hold no rights for the Dreamcast, Saturn, 32X, Sega CD or Game Gear.

Hmmm.  With the continued success of the Master System and Genesis / Mega Drive re-releases over there, you'd think Tec Toy would be all over the rights to re-release something like the Dreamcast in Brazil.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Hmmm.  With the continued success of the Master System and Genesis / Mega Drive re-releases over there, you'd think Tec Toy would be all over the rights to re-release something like the Dreamcast in Brazil.

I bet you these are expensive consoles to make, even with modern parts. I mean Saturn and Dreamcast. It probably would not be profitable for Tec Toy, their operation is pretty small, I mean, for a tech company.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

mZuzek said:
LipeJJ said:

Microsoft is more popular in Brazil nowadays.

Do we live in the same country?

Yes!

You're probably thinking Sony is more popular either due to the fact that PS4 is (apparently) selling more since last year or so, or the fact that the PS2 was utterly popular back in the day.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Man, Sega Saturn is gonna be huge in Brazil one day.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Go Brazil

Awesome!
If it takes roms from SD cards I'll have to get one.

I LOVE ICELAND!