By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Emily Rogers Discussion Thread: No More Rumors Until January

PAOerfulone said:
I know right? Those greedy bastards! Why couldn't they have just rushed it out the door for this holiday season like all the other generous video game companies! Like SEGA and Ubisoft and all those other guys who rushed great masterpieces out the door for the holidays. Like Addassin's Creed: Unity and Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)! Or stick to a release date that was also a delayed date like Warner Bros. With their incredible PC gem, Batman: Arkham Knight! Fuck you, Nintendo!

Game was not rushed. They could have released the game on the Wii U and after that start a port for the Switch. Is that hard for them? To release a game they promised since 2015 and that has been delayed only with the purpose of another version for a new console?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
I know right? Those greedy bastards! Why couldn't they have just rushed it out the door for this holiday season like all the other generous video game companies! Like SEGA and Ubisoft and all those other guys who rushed great masterpieces out the door for the holidays. Like Addassin's Creed: Unity and Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)! Or stick to a release date that was also a delayed date like Warner Bros. With their incredible PC gem, Batman: Arkham Knight! Fuck you, Nintendo!

Give this man a cookie!

We're still getting the game either way. But what you need to understand is that Nintendo's a business, first and foremost, before they're a game developer, and they need to make money and the most money. And just releasing it on Wii U, then a Switch port would not have been NEARLY as profitable for them. Granted, it's their fault the Wii U flopped the way it did, but the whole point of this is to not make the same mistake again. To bring in all of those people that passed on the Wii U, but are now interested (and from the looks of their Switch reveal, which is now at 20 million views, VERY interested) in the Switch. Yeah, delays suck, but regardless of whatever the reason is, that gives them more time to polish it out and make it the best game it can possibly be, for both versions and ALL audiences. And if this rumor is anything to go by, for a game like this, with the space orbit expectations fans have for it, they don't want to and can't leave any stone unturned.

Yum!!

Very disappointing if true. One could even make the case that the fate of the launch window success of Switch is closely tied to the success of BotW. It's a massively huge game, both in scope and in audience awareness. It's a tentpole release. Nintendo needs something big like that to get Switch off to a good start. Other than a AAA 3D Mario, I really don't see how any other franchise could justify a launch day purchase for me. If Zelda can't be finished in time for launch, I may just hold off for a few months. I really don't care as much about Mario as I used to. And I'm not gonna wait in line for launch day just to pick up a system for some Wii U ports.

Really, given the priority Nintendo gives to Mario games and Smash Bros games to meet deadlines, I'm surprised Nintendo is even letting this one slip. They literally brought in Retro Studios in 2011 to help make sure Mario Kart 7 launched by the end of 2011. They delayed Tropical Freeze and rushed to finish 3D World in 2013 to make it out for the holidays. Iwata set the teams to rush to finish Melee to release in time for Thanksgiving in North America, back in 2001. He knew that the holiday launch success of GameCube would be closely tied to having Smash Bros.

This needs to be treated with the same state of emergency. Take as many people off as many projects as possible. Delay the new 3D Mario for eight weeks if you have to, just do what you need to do to get BotW out for the Switch launch. They still have four solid months before the game needs to be shipped.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network

F**king christ I can't wait til December 12th so people can sh*t the F**k up and stop complaining over things that are just rumors.

It will be released when its f**king ready.

God damn cry babies.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
F**king christ I can't wait til December 12th so people can sh*t the F**k up and stop complaining over things that are just rumors.

It will be released when its f**king ready.

God damn cry babies.

Erm... the Nintendo event to talk about the Switch will be the 12th, but of January.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

PAOerfulone said:
We're still getting the game either way. But what you need to understand is that Nintendo's a business, first and foremost, before they're a game developer, and they need to make money and the most money. And just releasing it on Wii U, then a Switch port would not have been NEARLY as profitable for them. Granted, it's their fault the Wii U flopped the way it did, but the whole point of this is to not make the same mistake again. To bring in all of those people that passed on the Wii U, but are now interested (and from the looks of their Switch reveal, which is now at 20 million views, VERY interested) in the Switch. Yeah, delays suck, but regardless of whatever the reason is, that gives them more time to polish it out and make it the best game it can possibly be, for both versions and ALL audiences. And if this rumor is anything to go by, for a game like this, with the space orbit expectations fans have for it, they don't want to and can't leave any stone unturned.

I understand the situation pretty well: they are delaying the game for the sake of another version. We have faced the truth. We knew since years ago, hell, since the first delay, that we were not going to play it until NX was released.

Now the point is that the console is going to be released, finally, but the game is not ready. All that wait for these years is worthless now because their greed.

This is not about bugs, testing or polish it to perfection. The game may not be ready at launch because they were wasting time on a port.

And just to remember something: Zelda needs only 2 million to break, and considering sales of some games, the Wii U version alone could have guaranteed at least double the amount. Releasing a definitve version like Splatoon and MK would have make some duoble dip, like me.

Nintendo is by no means a hero. They are not polishing the game. They are not caring for their fans. They failed at their plan and this could hurt Switchs launch, because as much as you doubt, many are excited to play Zelda on Switch.

I understand the situation pretty well: they are delaying the game for the sake of another version. We have faced the truth. We knew since years ago, hell, since the first delay, that we were not going to play it until NX was released. True.

Now the point is that the console is going to be released, finally, but the game is not ready. All that wait for these years is worthless now because their greed. I fail to see how wanting the game to be the best it can be, to the point of possibly pushing it to Summer, the deadest season for video game sales, translates to greed. What exactly are they greedy about? If they were truly greedy, they would have chopped the game into expansion packs, and made a Day 1 patch, along with the $60 full retail launch. But nope, this is a standard Nintendo launch.

This is not about bugs, testing or polish it to perfection. The game may not be ready at launch because they were wasting time on a port. A port that requires bugs, testing, and polish to make sure it plays better than the original version, as to push Switch sales.

And just to remember something: Zelda needs only 2 million to break, and considering sales of some games, the Wii U version alone could have guaranteed at least double the amount. Releasing a definitve version like Splatoon and MK would have make some duoble dip, like me.
2-3 million Wii U sales alone or 1-2 Million Wii U sales PLUS 7-8 million Switch sales, coming from the people who passed on the Wii U and are intrigued by the Switch. PLUS a stronger launch for Switch. Just like with Twilight Princess. It worked then, it'll work now. THAT'S why they're doing it.

Nintendo is by no means a hero. They are not polishing the game. They are not caring for their fans. They failed at their plan and this could hurt Switchs launch, because as much as you doubt, many are excited to play Zelda on Switch.
If they're not polishing it, then what are they doing? If they didn't care for their fans, they wouldn't be releasing the game at all.
And where did I imply any doubt about people wanting it on Switch. That's EXACTLY what I've been trying to say this whole time. 
15-20 happy Switch custumors > 3-5 unhappy Wii U customers because the game isn't Wii U exclusive.

You're taking an ant hill and turning it into Mount Everist. You need to calm down, dude. You're acting like they kidnapped your child. You do this. Every. Single. Time, when a rumor, just a rumor, pops up that they may delay a Zelda game. 
It's just a video game. It's not life and death, Jesus.

And you're gonna buy it anyway, chances are you may end up buying both versions. So despite this huge rant that has taken place, in the end, Nintendo wins.

PAOerfulone said:

I understand the situation pretty well: they are delaying the game for the sake of another version. We have faced the truth. We knew since years ago, hell, since the first delay, that we were not going to play it until NX was released. True.

Now the point is that the console is going to be released, finally, but the game is not ready. All that wait for these years is worthless now because their greed. I fail to see how wanting the game to be the best it can be, to the point of possibly pushing it to Summer, the deadest season for video game sales, translates to greed. What exactly are they greedy about? If they were truly greedy, they would have chopped the game into expansion packs, and made a Day 1 patch, along with the $60 full retail launch. But nope, this is a standard Nintendo launch.

This is not about bugs, testing or polish it to perfection. The game may not be ready at launch because they were wasting time on a port. A port that requires bugs, testing, and polish to make sure it plays better than the original version, as to push Switch sales.

2-3 million Wii U sales alone or 1-2 Million Wii U sales PLUS 7-8 million Switch sales, coming from the people who passed on the Wii U and are intrigued by the Switch. PLUS a stronger launch for Switch. Just like with Twilight Princess. It worked then, it'll work now. THAT'S why they're doing it.

If they're not polishing it, then what are they doing? If they didn't care for their fans, they wouldn't be releasing the game at all.
And where did I imply any doubt about people wanting it on Switch. That's EXACTLY what I've been trying to say this whole time. 
15-20 happy Switch custumors > 3-5 unhappy Wii U customers because the game isn't Wii U exclusive.

You're taking an ant hill and turning it into Mount Everist. You need to calm down, dude. You're acting like they kidnapped your child. You do this. Every. Single. Time, when a rumor, just a rumor, pops up that they may delay a Zelda game. 
It's just a video game. It's not life and death, Jesus.

And you're gonna buy it anyway, chances are you may end up buying both versions. So despite this huge rant that has taken place, in the end, Nintendo wins.

No no and no. If you really believe everything is fine, that explains why sales for their consoles have gone to hell. People always try to find excuses. The only way Zelda is going to sell those numbers you expect is at launch. Not after it.