By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When Bad Nintendo Ideas Flop

Tagged games:

XanderXT said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Sure but I don't think being a spin-off excuses the game being bad, that's my bottomline issue.

But aside from Amiibo Festival, none of those games were bad. They were at least average.

Nah, it's to the point where just looking at these games being played is painful for me, that's just how bad they are! 

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
oniyide said:

one game turning out good 14 years ago has little bearing on what has been going on the the recent months. But i guess you can cling to that if you want.

Except it's not the only game that has turned out good, he brought up Metroid Prime in the post saying it's different when in fact it's an example of what he's complaining about. Fire Emblem is also another example of a franchise being changed up and that's recent, Zelda also does it every installment, this is a case of you being desperate to try and gain ground in something you have no standing in because my point is not even challenged at all by anything you've posted in fact you've practically added nothing at all.

gaining ground on what? The OP is talking about when bad ideas flop as they have done recently. Bringing up a game that came out years ago doesnt make the OP wrong or the video wrong for that matter.

oniyide said:

gaining ground on what? The OP is talking about when bad ideas flop as they have done recently. Bringing up a game that came out years ago doesnt make the OP wrong or the video wrong for that matter.

Guess what genius I weren't quoting the OP I was quoting another post specifically and addressing that, the same post that mentioned Metroid Prime and complained about them changing things in established franchises, if you can't understand how that chain of debate works when replying than I can't help you.

One of the fundamental paradoxes of modern Nintendo is that on the one hand they're dependent on a core fanbase of loyalists, but on the other, they piss off said fanbase with reckless regularity.

With all the crazy screaming and dancing talking like they are on speedy new Nintendo´youtubers, Shokio is a joy to watch: calm, keeping his cool, and smart.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Epic fail. I thought this was gonna be some parody video.

Closed the video instantly when I noticed its the wannabe Will Smith "Shokio".

Er hes not trying to be Will Smith lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

curl-6 said:

One of the fundamental paradoxes of modern Nintendo is that on the one hand they're dependent on a core fanbase of loyalists, but on the other, they piss off said fanbase with reckless regularity.

Ooooo. That's some good karate.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Well, I am not going to watch a 22 minute video. But based on what everyone else is talking about, I will say this:

I for one, am happy that Nintendo takes chances with their franchises. Most developers do the same thing over and over again, and by the 3rd or 4th game, it gets pretty stale. Yeah, when it misses, it can miss hard. But when they hit, you can end up with a masterpiece like Super Mario Galaxy. I'm happy to take the good with the bad.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

If the game is an average Nintendo game then I'll support them the least by waiting and picking it up later for 15-25 new. If the game is a good Nintendo game then I'll support them by picking it up for 50-60 because the price won't drop for a few years if at all. If it is a terrible game then I'll just avoid it. I'm pretty sure Paper Mario and Star Fox aren't terrible but probably average so I'll eventually pick them up for 15-20 dollars each new off Amazon.

Darwinianevolution said:
You know, even in a thread talking about Nintendo's recent flops, people forget Codename STEAM. They didn't even remember it for this...

Oh god please no.

I still have nightmares about trying to hit those flying enemies.

The lack of a map, the slow clunky gameplay, the terrible artstyle and cheesy story.

Probably one of the worst games i ever played.