By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - SONY shares hit a 5 year old high (at $57 now)

Wait, wait... Sony is high on 5 year-olds now? For $57? Those cheap, immoral bastards. I mean, kitten huffing, sure, but 5 year-olds? That's a line, Sony. That's a line. (no, not a line of 5 year-old for you to huff. A line you shouldn't cross. Sickos)

Around the Network

Sony's market shares are doing so well all of Sony's head execs were forced to buy up all the shares dropped as investors jumped ship, lol.

fishamaphone said:
Wait, wait... Sony is high on 5 year-olds now? For $57? Those cheap, immoral bastards. I mean, kitten huffing, sure, but 5 year-olds? That's a line, Sony. That's a line. (no, not a line of 5 year-old for you to huff. A line you shouldn't cross. Sickos)

nonono, you're reading it completely wrong.

Sony is sharing their drugs with a five year old, getting them high: (Sony shares hit, a five year old high)

Or perhaps, Sony's shares are smacking a five year old child high into the air (Sony shares, hit a five year old, high)

Or maybe, Sony has decided to share their recently opened high school? (Sony shares "Hit a Five", year old high)

Let's play fun with punctuation! 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

How can people say this site is full of Sony fans? Seems the opposite to me. Larry posts good news for Sony and the next 12 posts were people making fun of it.

uh...people usually slander our site by saying it's full of Wii fans...get your gossip straight.

And larry's getting crap because in probably more than 75% of his posts, he has to say something about Sony beginning an onslaught in JUNE, regardless of whether that actually pertains to the topic or not...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

i dont even understand why gamespot is posting this article. stock prices have nothing to do with the gaming industry. sony is an electronic company which include entertainment systems, movies, and games, etc. stock prices do not mean they will win the format war (larry's prediction). there could be many reasons behind stock price increase. plus, the whole market is up and even the dow and s&p500 and nasdaq are hitting record highs. so....i dont know if sony's $57 shares say much.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Stock Prices do influence gaming. If a company's stock goes too low than that company can be bought out. If Sega's prices went really low, and MS wanted to get them. That kind of thing is stuff to take note of.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

true about your statement. but the point about sony is, sony is so big and the gaming division is only part of it. therefore stock prices do not matter that much in this case

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

BenKenobi88 said:

uh...people usually slander our site by saying it's full of Wii fans...get your gossip straight.

And larry's getting crap because in probably more than 75% of his posts, he has to say something about Sony beginning an onslaught in JUNE, regardless of whether that actually pertains to the topic or not...

Then we should not make fun of, but actually reply with fairness whenever he does post a good message.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I think that the point to keep note of is that the market is very positive about sony's future, which given the amount invested in gaming, that its gaming future will be OK at the very least. Also, part of the jump in prices probably has to do with the market's perception that sony will win the DVD wars, not to mention the popularity of its handheld ipod knockoff.