By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - SONY shares hit a 5 year old high (at $57 now)

great news there!!!

though offtopic but except some DARINDAGI post e3 and in June.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171182.html?tag=latestnews;title;4

plus i predict that by the end of 2007 format war would also be fully won by Sony.

Sony BTW plans to slash the prices of the bravias in september which are being sold in massive  quantities

Around the Network

Amazing

The title of this thread is good for a chuckle, no?

Sony shares hit a 5 year old high.

That's the last time we give Sony any wiid.

Those LCDs are selling great, apparently. Good job, Sony. 

No thanks to their gaming department however, which posted a 2bil loss.

Rath said:

dont worry things would change this fiscal year ending 2008 ,march.

the big guns on ps3 are coming out starting June ,2007.

Around the Network
larry said:
Rath said:

Even if they do start selling they are still likely to be posting a loss in 2008 march, if they drop the price like they are expected to they will still be losing a respectable amount of cash per unit sold. They will probably miss the holiday season with some of their biggest games (FFXIII? Thats not meant to be released till '08 is it?) so software sales are unlikely to be out of this world either.

I'd say if Sony manage to pull this generation back to profit, look to 2009 not 2008 for the good news.

Oh and Lair is not a big gun. Its a pistol at best. 

larry said:
Rath said:

Yup, the date is marked on my calender... just like Motorstorm and VF were ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

haha OWNED!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Starting June, every consoles big guns are coming up. The Wii looks forward to the... uhh ... This is a tough one... Ninja Gaiden is coming in early July so that won't do, Oh Folklore, yea Folklore thats one, OH SHIT that is the Japan release date... Heavenly Sword = august, Lair = Late july, Seriously, I started out making a mean poke at the PS3 but I am looking at the Wiki list and can't find one... Someone mind helping me? Just so you know, a format war doesn't end very fast. Betamax vs VHS lasted for years. It is pretty likely that Sony will win at this point though. Seeing as how they got it on the PS3.

starting in JUNE, LAIR will rampage sales of over 150k ps3 sold!!!!!!! (sorry couldn't resist) Seriously, though, PS3 is going to suffer losses no matter what unless their software sells big time, which I highly doubt it will.