By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Battle of the candy: Which one is the king?

Tagged games:

Your favorite candy.

Twix. 23 20.35%

Snickers. 32 28.32%

Kit Kat. 23 20.35%

5Star. 0 0%

3 Musketeers. 1 0.88%

Other. 34 30.09%

Total:113

Why is everyone forgetting Whatchamacallits.

Around the Network

Voted for Snikers, 5Stars and Boost aren't really widely available in the US you probably have to go to a specialty food store that sells British food to get them. Ever since Cadbury sold Dr Pepper/7up to Snapple they really don't have a large present in the US anymore. My favorite somewhat obscure candy bar (even though its made by a major brand Hershey's) is Whatchamacallit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whatchamacallit_(candy)

COKTOE said:
V-r0cK said:
Ferrero Rocher. Love that little sht!!!!

There's so much chocolate I kinda forgot about it....Have you ever had it's 2 variants? The coconut and dark chocolate? For lack of a better description. S'great.

Yea I enjoy the taste of the other variants as well.  But nothing beats the orginal :P

Raistline said:
Why is everyone forgetting Whatchamacallits.

Well its really only available in the US and not every store carries it even though its made by Hershey's its actually somewhat obscure.

Nothing comes close to the stuff Sprüngli has to offer... Luxembürgerli (really delicate macarons)
http://lifeovereasy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/dd92-lovely-luxemburgerli6rs.jpg
or the Truffes
http://blog.fotobaeckerei.ch/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/fotobaeckerei_0815_day104.jpg

really godly...

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:

You might want to combine the Milky Way and Mars since I think your description is essentially saying that they're the same, just using a different name depending on where you live. Anyway, my vote goes there!

Twix is also great, although not as good, and someone mentioned Toblerone, which is also great. The white Toblerone is better though.

Yeah, Milky Way is pretty much the US answer to the Mars bar by Mars, Inc.  For a while they also had a Mars bar made by Mars, Inc. in the USA but it was totally different from the Mars bar in Europe. 

Chris Hu said:
Zkuq said:

You might want to combine the Milky Way and Mars since I think your description is essentially saying that they're the same, just using a different name depending on where you live. Anyway, my vote goes there!

Twix is also great, although not as good, and someone mentioned Toblerone, which is also great. The white Toblerone is better though.

Yeah, Milky Way is pretty much the US answer to the Mars bar by Mars, Inc.  For a while they also had a Mars bar made by Mars, Inc. in the USA but it was totally different from the Mars bar in Europe. 

That seems like an excellent way to confuse people. Sell Mars as Milky way in the US, sell Milky Way as something entirely different outside the US, sell something called Mars in the US even though it isn't Mars.

Zkuq said:
Chris Hu said:

That seems like an excellent way to confuse people. Sell Mars as Milky way in the US, sell Milky Way as something entirely different outside the US, sell something called Mars in the US even though it isn't Mars.

Well the Mars bar that is sold in Europe is made by Cadbury and the Mars bar that was sold in the US was made by Mars, Inc.  If the one in the US would have been identical to the one in Europe then Cadbury could have sued Mars Inc.

Chris Hu said:
Zkuq said:

Well the Mars bar that is sold in Europe is made by Cadbury and the Mars bar that was sold in the US was made by Mars, Inc.  If the one in the US would have been identical to the one in Europe then Cadbury could have sued Mars Inc.

Wait, they're different after all? This is really confusing (although I think it's finally getting clear).

In that case, Mars is the one I like. And in case my vote wasn't counted yet (or could be changed), I vote for the Jim bar after all, after my girlfriend reminded me of its existence (how could I forget?). There's probably only a handful of you that know what it's like since it's being made by the internationally relativelly unknown Finnish company Fazer, but it's really great. It's pretty small though, so direct comparison feels a bit strange, but it's by far my favorite!

Regular Mars is kind of meh but the ice cream Mars is freaking delicious

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar