By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Production Ends this week [Eurogamer] RIP

I remember people calling others names and being outraged by the very idea of it selling less than 15m even recently ("I guarantee it", lol). And that it would "beat the vita in x months, you just wait". Unfortunately, something tells me people didn't learn to be cautious if switch predictions are any indication.

Anyway, I hope the people that did own it enjoyed what it had to offer. No matter what online people say, as long as you had fun with the system, you're a winner in my book.

Around the Network

I guess that's it for the countless predictions seeing Wii U breaking the 15m or even beating the GC.

Toldya suckers!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RIP Wii U, you really didn't had a chance to be popular console despite some great games.

Guess my prediction is all but set in stone. RIP

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Ending production before the successor is released? I guess they have enough for the holidays?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Good riddance.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

What is crazy Wii U was launched in the end of 7th console cicle,but PS3 still in production,rest in peace.

Nemesis1993 said:
What is crazy Wii U was launched in the end of 7th console cicle,but PS3 and Xbox360 still in production,rest in peace.

Nope. Only the PS3 is still being made. The X360 was phased out earlier this year.

KLXVER said:
Now just stop the production of 3DS and focus on the Switch.

I think they will continue selling 3DS whole next year too.

Xen said:
Nemesis1993 said:
What is crazy Wii U was launched in the end of 7th console cicle,but PS3 and Xbox360 still in production,rest in peace.

Nope. Only the PS3 is still being made. The X360 was phased out earlier this year.